Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has 20000 kms on it now. I pulled my lawn care equipment all summer long with it. How often do you guys have the tranny serviced. I was thinking of getting mine done now and then again in the spring
thanks
:canada

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Once a year is more than enough for your truck Mike.I'd do it in the spring,when your finished plowing for the year.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds good. thanks for the help chris

·
Registered
445 Posts
I agree, I change the fluid in all the gear boxes and tranny once a year. Usually in the begining of spring.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same here, all changed in the spring, only we change the dump trucks twice a year as they pull and carry heavy loads all year.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Do you have an Allison? I hope you have been changing the spin on filter regularly. Dont toss the little doughnut magnet on the top of the filter either when you change em.

With the allison you can flush it at home by yanking the cooler lines and letting it pump the old fluid outa itself and suck new fresh stuff in. This will work with other GM tranys to(although I heard some rumor of the new alli's in the 04's not circulating fluid in park??? so I'm not sure on them.

Draining the pan at the begining and end of the season is fine IMO eventhough you dont get all the old stuff out. If you ran it real hard and got the fluid over the 200 range for a period of time often then a flush is needed IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts