Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question for John and/or Chris. When I installed my new Mag-hytec pan the directions mentioned "LE" 7500 Monolec Power Fluid, for severe service or HD applications, as a type of tranny fluid, anybody know anything about it? I refilled with ATF+3, also couldn't find a drain plug for the torque converter on the V10, but I did drain the valve body. Looks great on the truck.

Bill:burnout

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
"LE" is the company Lubrication Engineers.They make great products

The Monolec 7500 is there version of ATF or hydraulic fluid for heavy duty truck trannies,like the Allison and such.Not sure off hand if it meets the Chrysler 7176 ATF +3 specs or not.

You can't go wrong with the proper fluid,which is ATF +3

I'm pretty sure the V10 convertors have a drain plug,maybe you missed it ?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I thought Dodge was recommending ATF +4 in all of their transmissions now.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chris

I turned the flywheel 1 tooth at a time for 2 revolutions and no sign of a plug.

Bill:beatsme

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
You are correct actually.Dodge did have a TSB stating that ATF+4 can be used in most applications,and superscedes ATF+2,and ATF+3.

I still find ATF+3 works just as well,if not better in the older trannies.I've had some problems using ATF+4 in some vehicles,so I'm a little hesitant to recommend it in older vehicles.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Bill,that DD pan is a beauty isnt it?. On the fluid,i run dextron 3 in mine,but i do not have the stock TC.The stock tcs wil chatter sometimes with dextron 3. So your better to use the 7176 +3 mopar fluid,valvoline has it here.There is no TC drain on a V10 or Cummins,they use the same TC,the entire trans is the same (V10,Cummins)exc the governor circuit on 94-95's .Cooling is different as well.Bill, I hope this is not to late,but do not use the filter extension gasket that comes with the DD pan,we throw them in the garbage,right where they belong.They have been the cause of many trans failures,from sucking air.I have put ona lot of the DDpans,we never use the gasket.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks John,

It does look great. The pan didn't come with an extension gasket, I installed a new NAPA filter as per OEM, and used Quaker State +3.

Bill

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey John,

Just realized I have the 727 D, not DD, maybe that's why it didn't come with the extension gasket.

Bill

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Bill,I thought you were getting the DD pan,it was only $30 more.That is the only one I use,the extra capacity does help.If you didnt have a spacer you have the deep pan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts