Snowplow Forums banner

Tragic Loss in the Heyer Family

10K views 87 replies 87 participants last post by  SIPLOWGUY 
#1 ·
W. Ann Schell Heyer, (mother of Jerre and Thomas Heyer) age 63 of Harborcreek Twp., passed away unexpectedly at her residence on Thursday, December 10, 2009. She was born February 28, 1946 in Erie, daughter of the late Wayne and Dorothy Larson Schell. She had resided in the Erie area her entire life. Ann was a member of the last graduating class of the former Wesleyville High School in 1964. She was a U.S. Air Force veteran who had served during the Vietnam War. Ann had been a member of Messiah Lutheran Church and had also previously attended Greenfield Baptist Church. She was a member of American Legion Carl Neff Post #571. Ann enjoyed sewing, reading and caring for her grandchildren. Survivors include her beloved husband of 43 years, Jerre P. Heyer; three sons, Jerre Heyer (Amy) of Erie, Todd Heyer (Chimene) of Grand Island, N.Y. and Tom Heyer (Alicia) of Erie; her twin brother Al Schell (Pat) of Harbocreek; one sister, Beverly Bish (Paul) of Harborcreek; five grandchildren, Terra, Drake, Shyann, Jacob and Gwendolyn; many nieces and nephews. Friends may call at the Dusckas Funeral Home, Inc., East, 2607 Buffalo Road on Sunday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. and are invited to attend the Funeral Service there on Monday at 11 a.m. Interment Wintergreen Gorge Cemetery with full military honors conducted by American Legion Carl Neff Post #571. Memorial contributions may be made to the Gertrude Barber National Institute, 100 Barber Place, Erie, PA 16507.

Arrangements have been made so the shop will open for emergencies and urgent parts Monday and Tuesday. Installations and other more involved repairs will be added to the schedule mid-week.

Please be sensitive to the family and do not inundate them with calls at this time. Thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
My prayers are you the whole Heyer Family during this very difficult time.

#6 ·
Jerre, you know my number, call me if you need anything i can be there in a few hours notice.. Sorry to hear about your loss :(

#10 ·
Jerre and Tom, My heart is heavy for the both of you and your families. My prayer are with you folks

#25 ·
Well somewhat from the movie Next of Kin i knew about this shortly after it happened. Like Peter said i know Jerre and Thomas know how much we care about them and prayers are much needed today and in the days to come.

Jerre and Thomas's mother was a sweetheart and the news came with a heavy heart you both are like brothers to me and you know i love you in the same text thinking of you daily

Love Fred

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.