Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Those look cool to go out and play after a storm, and I did consider them once- til I saw the price tag. I also thought about it some more and realized that they probably would not be very good at pushing snow since the whole idea behind these is to decrease the down ressure of your truck by increasing the footprint. My concern with that is that ou would loose required traction needed to push/pull heavy loads like snow. It would be different if you had teh wieght of a tractor, but a pickup- even with a sander might be too light.

:burnout :burnout :burnout

Bill:D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
neat idea but for the price tag on them there definatly not practicle might as well just spend that cash on a tracked skidsteer if ya absolutly needed tracks...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Those look cool, and they probably work good , but I'm guessing they are going to be very pricey

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
It would be interesting pulling in to get an inspection sticker .

·
Registered
866 Posts
I saw them used on Trucks! once on TNN ( now Spike TV) and they gave them a pretty high review- they said that it didn't effet the tuning radius much- except in slow turns, at speed it turned ok- but you are usually not making sharp turns at high speed. They are designed to simpy bolt on with no modifications- so other than a larger footprint causing some slide in a tight radius turn they shouldn't affect it that much. They are great when you want to go through snow, mud, or anywhere you don't want to leave a trail or damage the ground.

Good for fun, but not so good for snowplowing! I think.

Bill

·
Registered
866 Posts
The thing that prevents that is the fact that there is only about 1.5 - 2.8 psi ground pressure- less than a man walking! so there is very little wear under those in a turn. Pretty neat system- but definitely a toy unless you are on a farm and use them on a tractor(yes they make them for those too!!)

Check ou their site- lots of info, and pretty cool too!

Bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
The snow video was pretty cool and I guess there could be some good use for them some where, But I don't think I will be needing any and at that price I would buy another truck.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Hmmmmm- just posted in the sidewing thread- but saw this and had another brilliant idea-

Now keep in mind, $$$$ would be no boject in this little hypothetical scenario-

1 Ton P/U with nice SS Salter in the back, Blizzard blade on the front- with snowfoil, 8611 would be nice- Sidewing set up, rear plow, and Mattracks- anyone on top of the mountain need snow work?

LOL!

Would probably cost more than Pelicans rig, and the infamous snowblower truck on ebay, but just think of all the fun you could have with this thing plowing snow and then banking it, and of course then you'd have to climb the banks for a photo op!

LOL!!

I have too much time and too little snow tight now!!!!

Bill:burnout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
LoL bil but if you got that much money why not just pay to have a set of full tracks made up to go on the truck... lol... and instead of a back blade just install a snowblower attachment on the back end... yes we do have to much time on our hands...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.