Snowplow Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Hi Jeff,

I have an MT5, Just wondering looking at the Snoquip site if you have the lift kit? What size tires are you running, the biggest I can fit are 235 85 16's studded. I looked into the snoquip blower but at 14 grand compared to 7500 for a Normand (http://www.cienormand.com/anglais/snowblower_sidewalk_normand.htm) not contest The Trackless blower sucks not blows:wink
Couple of easy mods especially if you running it around town, how about intermittent wipers? cost you about 70 bucks and 1/2 hour to install.
Have you had problems with the pre filter filling with snow when blowing change it to a Donaldson topspin about $70 and bolt on.
Also I have cross referenced most common parts ie u joints, belts drive shafts bearings to common #'s if you need # PM me most times napa prices are 1/4 of Trackless prices.

Bill

·
Registered
5 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
You are right MCV some holder operater sucks ! :D

Yes you are right they can bounce around, but mostly it's because the owner don't know how heavy the eqipment in front is. It need's sometimes extra wight in the back.

If you want to know more about the holder pm me , i am addicted to holder. :p

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
One of the cities here has one and they do part of the sidewalks on one of my commerical props. He always leaves 2" of crap that turns to ice and I have to deal with later on. Must be the driver.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I think it's like with every job, if the driver loves what he is doing and knows what he is doing the job will be done good. Ok, it is also a question of the equipment to, if it not fit to that holder it will not work right.

But anyway it's here the same. Maybe they are doing it on purpose, the company, that is doing the snow removal for the town here loves to push all the snow in the way that i have to clean. When they did it first i talked to them to stop it and i went angry, but now i am only thinking "childgarden".
But you are right it's boring.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes you are right they can bounce around, but mostly it's because the owner don't know how heavy the eqipment in front is. It need's sometimes extra wight in the back.
With my Trackless most of the bounce is from the 500kg of salt in the spreader, ( on back) usually causes the front wheels to leave the ground, even with loaded tires and front wheel weights! With my blower on the bounce is reduced, but what can you expect with NO suspension:rolleyes:

BIll

·
Registered
4,332 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is that a Series 5 or Series 6 Bill? I think it says Series V on the back but the cab is painted like an MT6...

Have you had a chance to try the MT6?

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey everyone i saw my first trackless in action today i have to fly to milwaukee on family business tey had one out cleaning up some sidewalks it had a v plow on it pretty sweet i must say

·
Registered
1 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought a 2004 trackless mt5t trying to Source some parts locally anybody on here can help me out trying to source some parts locally at Napa need some part numbers and some help with the braking systems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which cab do you speak of?
sorry, the TRACKLESS MT5 cab
Picking mine up Wednesday this week.

I noticed the steering column/pump is a bit loud (sounds like it constantly is active in a turn) and the engine echos in the cab (windows closed or open). Doesn’t matter much to what I’ve found.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
sorry, the TRACKLESS MT5 cab
Picking mine up Wednesday this week.

I noticed the steering column/pump is a bit loud (sounds like it constantly is active in a turn) and the engine echos in the cab (windows closed or open). Doesn’t matter much to what I’ve found.
I don‘t know what you could do about the insulation in a cab that tight.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
tight as in size or something else?
ive done car trucks and such before... just asking if anyone has done one before
The cab of a tractor like the trackless seems very small to me. I just wonder where the space in the cab exists to fit sound padding in the panels and other areas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my machine home after a long drive.

2001 Trackless MT5T w/ B3 70” snowblower
Engine rebuilt in 2013, all paperwork included.

stole this one for sure!

D3C86ED6-9BA1-46B8-B6EA-60F161C7C625.jpeg
8904DB37-D964-411A-AEB6-0A6A4CA0F03A.jpeg

41 - 60 of 62 Posts