Snowplow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
This isn't meant to be a plug for Trackless but I did want to comment on some of the things I've read throughout the forums.

We're getting very positive feedback on the MT6. Demo machines aren't even making it back to the factory and we're booking into spring at this point...

A ton of improvements went into the MT6... mostly from customer feedback. Joystick for hydraulics, more glass/visibility, quiter engine for decreased noise and vibration, electronic foot pedal, Work Mode/Travel Mode (for fuel efficency), the list goes on. This all contributes to the cost and hence the price of the unit... but it was asked for by customers. One thing to note about Travel Mode: Fuel Tests indicate a savings of $30K - $48K in fuel cost over an average 12-year life cycle of the unit... if that helps the sticker shock at all.

Parts pricing is being addressed both internally and with our dealers. Lots of parts have been marked down considerably. Although we set an MSRP for parts, dealers set their own prices which quite often includes shipping. We encourage dealers to carry common seasonal stock items to decrease shipping costs but our efforts end at the dealer.

I was surprised to hear that spare parts availability was an issue since our facility carries an unprecedented inventory of spare parts. I'd wager that 90% of spare parts orders get shipped the same day they're submitted. Again, this could be where a small dealer inventory would benefit in both cost and lead time.

If you have feedback for us, please email us at [email protected] and you can go to http://www.tracklessvehicles.com for more info on the MT6.

I'm going to go back to perusing comments now...

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The dealer in Colorado is not the best at communication.

Heck, every time the salesperson leaves me a voice mail he forgets to leave his number.:popcorn2

·
Registered
719 Posts
Trackless, glad to have you here.
I agree, with you on parts supply almost always next day.

Some things I changed on my Series V, and I hope you were able to add to the VI.
Intermittent wipers, a simple upgrade to the intermittent cole hersee switch.
A tool box, I added a Case unit that removes with a pin, I don't think the Series VI has one either:eek: Blowing snow means replacing shear bolts, you need spanners and a supply of bolts for both auger and PTO shaft.
Grease gun mount, I added one just inside the door, the center section is greased after every shift, 1 reason in 5 years mine still has the original pins!
Heated wiper blade, Everblades supplied 1 to me that has lasted 3 seasons, a must have when blowing snow.
Replaced the original Donaldson prefilter with a Donaldson Top Spin prefilter, no more clogging with snow when blowing.
Moved the hydraulic couplers for the salt spreader to the inside of the frame, and out of the spray from the rear wheels, quick couplers now last a couple of seasons.
Added back up lights to the rear of the salt spreader, thru a relay from the back up alarm comes on in reverse, much improved over the rear work light.
I do know you finally added a cup holder, now if TIM's would just come up with a really spill proof take out cup!:grinz

Bill

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Trackless, glad to have you here.
I agree, with you on parts supply almost always next day.

Some things I changed on my Series V, and I hope you were able to add to the VI.
Intermittent wipers, a simple upgrade to the intermittent cole hersee switch.
A tool box, I added a Case unit that removes with a pin, I don't think the Series VI has one either:eek: Blowing snow means replacing shear bolts, you need spanners and a supply of bolts for both auger and PTO shaft.
Grease gun mount, I added one just inside the door, the center section is greased after every shift, 1 reason in 5 years mine still has the original pins!
Heated wiper blade, Everblades supplied 1 to me that has lasted 3 seasons, a must have when blowing snow.
Replaced the original Donaldson prefilter with a Donaldson Top Spin prefilter, no more clogging with snow when blowing.
Moved the hydraulic couplers for the salt spreader to the inside of the frame, and out of the spray from the rear wheels, quick couplers now last a couple of seasons.
Added back up lights to the rear of the salt spreader, thru a relay from the back up alarm comes on in reverse, much improved over the rear work light.
I do know you finally added a cup holder, now if TIM's would just come up with a really spill proof take out cup!:grinz

Bill
Nice mods. "Spanners" - Brittish english. Where is he from? Oh, Nova Scotia!!!!!!!!! :grinz :canada

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Bill. I'll certainly pass your mods onto engineering but can't guarantee anything. I have very little influence on the unit since I'm just in IT. I peeked out on the assembly line and I believe the intermittent wiper hasn't been updated nor have the rear couplers been moved. The other mods you mentioned are just that... mods. I wouldn't hold my breath...

Good luck this winter and may your equipment stay healthy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
chtucker,

If your dealer isn't responding in a timely manner, I'd suggest you submit a request to our online contact form and comment that your dealer needs a push. That way, our sales staff will be informed of any issues and keep on top of the dealer to follow up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just chiming in to say that I love my Trackless MT5s. We are at high elevation here at Lake Tahoe and the turbo model is a must for the deep snow. Our first model was a used MT3 and that didn't make it through the first season. We are running Snoquip XX blowers on the MT5s.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sweet pics Jeff, how long did it take to open that one up ?
How come you guys dont just blow all the snow in the road LOL ?
Seems lot sof homeowners do that here with there blowers, never could figure that one out for the life of me :rolleyes:

Welcome to the site !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Z-Tab-

The drive took probably 10 minutes to blow. A bit more than that each way in travel time even though the machine gets up to about 24MPH. Took me the most time getting out to take pictures. I needed to grab that moment though. It was worth it. Just wish there was someone there to get the action shot instead of the unmanned machine.

I don't like to blow into the road- but I was thinking about throwing the snow one driveway over each time. Could be a good retirement job, just can't get caught! And yes, majority of homeowners throw into the roads here too even though it is illegal. I especially hate it because the Trackless has no suspension besides the air ride seat so hitting that dense snow throws the attachment all around and can get us out of control. I think they are trying to keep their banks down so they will be able to continue to throw the snow all year long. The good County drivers will push it right back to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bills doing just fine as usual. They are developing their XX blower and placing orders in many corners of the world. It's a great compliment to the Trackless. I built the Snoquip.com website for Bill a few years ago. And now Trackless has designed the MT6 so I'm hoping we'll be doing some updating soon. Winter in our area has been very slow this season so I'm not sure if that affecting their business or not. We need snow!

·
Registered
608 Posts
that is a great set of pics......really really cool........and i never would have thought the trackless machines went that fast(24mph):eek:......that is screemin for something like that!!!!.....what kinda route do you run that thing on, res., com., or a mix?......welcome 2 LTS!!! ..........

·
Registered
4 Posts
that is a great set of pics......really really cool........and i never would have thought the trackless machines went that fast(24mph):eek:......that is screemin for something like that!!!!.....what kinda route do you run that thing on, res., com., or a mix?......welcome 2 LTS!!! ..........
Thank You for the welcome! Yes, the machine gets up and goes- even at our elevation 6250-7800 feet. Uphill can drag the hydraulic drive a bit. During storm conditions, the "mobile office" is one of the best ways to get around. Especially with the security of chains on all four. I'll take it to the store for a quick run when the roads are really bad. Have also pulled out so many banked cars and even fellow snow removal companies stuck in the snow with ease. It's funny but after doing a route all night in the Trackless, it's scary to get into the truck for a drive.

I run mostly residential accounts. I only do a few smaller commercial lots. I don't do too many HOA's either so I'm directly dealing with who I'm working for. Up to this season, I was a one man show clearing about 130 accounts (4-plex etc counts as 1). That would take me 6 hours if not dealing with the daylight shift. Timing is everything. Probably 9+ hours if during the wake time. We get a lot of tourists through our playground and they all like to stop and take photos of the machine so that adds quite a delay. Everything we clear is paved which makes a difference with a blower. This year we also added the second MT5. No real snow pack so far so our timing was a bit off. Also noticed quite a few drops from foreclosures I assume since we are in a resort (and second home) area. But all in all, can't complain. My snow removal business carries me all year round since I can take on so much volume. I like my time off. But I am debating installing a chipper and stump grinder on the machines this year to get them exercised a bit during the summer months. There is a bunch of defensible space work going on in the summer up here ever since the South Lake Tahoe fire we had a few years back.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Welcome to LTS, Jeff.

Any snow this week? wasn't sure if they were predicting it in your area.

Nice machine and awesome videos. Amazes me how fast you got that driveway cleaned off.

PS We love pics of equipment as well as the scenery around you. Humor us flatlanders. :grinz

·
Registered
712 Posts
They're definitely cool machines, but you know, I'm really not crazy about how much they bounce around when they lose traction....which actually seems more common than you would think/I would like.

Also, the articulated steering can be a bit of a hazard. I've seen operators try to maneuver around cars and 'wag the tail' almost hitting them. Scraping ability also seems terrible, but that might be operator error....I don't know.

I've never seen a Holder in use. Do they bounce around as much? I've seen that picture on here of a Holder with its front wheels off the ground so I imagine they can scrape pretty well...even though that operator sucks. :D

·
Registered
6,272 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
the thing i found interesting is you could convert from track to wheels or vice versa wish there where better pics on there web site the cab looks pretty big.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts