Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

First time poster, long time lurker.

Just looking for some opinions from everyone on this one. I'm looking for a smaller truck for residential work to go along with my Silverado 2500 HD. I've pretty much narrowed it down to these two vehicles, and just want some input before I purchase.

I see many Taco owners posting on the boards, but not much Nissan info. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:feedback

Chris LaVeck
Owner
A Man For All Seasons Lawn Care

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Welcome ManForAll
As a long time lurker you know the quality of info here.
I have seen a few Tacomas with blades come through our shop. There a pain to work on LOL. As long as you stay within the limits of the vehicle they do work ok. Front end help would be needed as far a carrying the weight as they get a case of the sags. As far as Nissan goes i haven't seen one carrying a plow in my area. I'm not sure what your looking for as far as what year vehicle but if it's new be forwarned of warr. issues. We have had a few Tundra'a come through the shop with blown front pigs (you might have read my post on it) and warr. would not cover it.
Have fun

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Plow Dak. I had seen your other post, and just wondered if anyone else had run into other issues.

I've not seen anyone plowing with a Nissan in my area either, but from multiple test drives, ratings from car websites, etc., the Frontier seems to be a very good option.

I am still haggling with dealers (they hate me), but I'll post whenever I buy one or the other.

Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I now run a '96 Tacoma - I had a '95 regular Toyota pick-up (same plow set-up) and the difference is night and day. If you want a good truck get a Toyota from the 'pre Tacoma days

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had a few taco's. I loved them. I had a 98' and a 03'. I got back in the truck market when my wife got pregnant in 04' for a 4 door pickup. I jumped ship and went with the Nissan. I few deciding factors:
Toy had a composit bed, no metal except the frame holding it. That concerned me in my cold climate.
The nissan had more horses, but worse gas mileage. I wanted more horses.
I like the nissian interior better
The fully loaded NISMO was a few grand less then the fully loaded TRD.
So far, the Nissan has been good to me, i get substantially worse gas milage then advertised, but i run deep tread snow studded tires. Im averaging about 17 MPG. BUT, i also run in 4 wheel drive every day for the first 5 miles from my house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts