Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
As a result only a very few production engines were effected from the
earliest production. No, this absolutely will not impact all 30,000 5.7
liter engines sold to date. It will be a very small number. 20 units
represents less than 0.06 percent of vehicles sold. We are confident that very few customers will experience the problem but pending the on going analysis it is not possible to give a precise number."

This article is from early summer... I think we would have heard alot more if this was widespread. Last I heard it was under 50 vehicles..

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a result only a very few production engines were effected from the
earliest production. No, this absolutely will not impact all 30,000 5.7
liter engines sold to date. It will be a very small number. 20 units
represents less than 0.06 percent of vehicles sold. We are confident that very few customers will experience the problem but pending the on going analysis it is not possible to give a precise number."

This article is from early summer... I think we would have heard alot more if this was widespread. Last I heard it was under 50 vehicles..
First I had heard about it !

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Even though it bothers alot of people Toyota Usa has stood behind more issues than any american car producer what ever the number ends up the people will be taken care of.

1998-01 Camery engines with 2.2 l were suspect of oil galleys plugging causing engine failure i have seen Toyota install complete long blocks with 100k cars there abilty to stand behind there product gives them advantages over domestic has sad has most will see it.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
My wifes 07 FJ got recalled for the "possibility" that the tires where possibly damaged during installation in Japan.

5 new tires.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Lol, Camshaft failures, $430 million over budget on a factory, sales way under target, an extra 1600 trucks sitting on lots to be used as loaners, and a less than "expected" crash test rating... Sounds like the Tundra's gonna go the way of the Titan and Ridgeline. Sometimes I wonder if these foreign car companies have under-estimated the brand loyalty of American truck buyers...:rolleyes:

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Heck guys...........The camshaft issues ain't nothing compared
to the transmission failures being posted over at http://www.tundrasolutions.com in both the 07 tindra AND the 07 camry!

toyota blew it on these ones.......
Wow, they're all so naive over there. Couldn't stand to read all the thick headed-ness! Boy are those Toyota guys ever full of themselves! :eek:

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Iam not trying to be a med man for Toyota but has anyone commented on there service wether it be a trans or cam?

Seems like just yesterday i bought three rolling pieces of **** from Ford with Torque **** trannys, all three blew and the best i got was the soccer mom bs and if i wanted i could have a ford focus for a loaner.

I still regret to this day not flying Jerre and Thomas up here to have them install a mount on that focus.

Whos sales arnt sagging right now Ford has lost a ton of market share on the Superduty read the Tickers boys i honestly think Dodge will surge forward this fall/winter when the 4500/5500's and Sterling Bullets are on the dealer lots.

Biggest mistake Dodge and Sterling have made is delayed getting these out to upfitters i drove a Bullet awesome truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts