Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was in Chapters today and a mag had a cover pic of a toyata 1 ton dually with a diesel...
place was nuts busy so couldn't grab the magazine..could it be true ??

·
Registered
248 Posts
nope, It was somebodys, prototype or homemade jobby. Truck trend had it

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
Yup, read the issue in Truck Trend, it's a 1/2 ton frame, cab, etc from the back of the cab forward, custom frame and bed. Custom fromt and rear axles and hubs. I just laughed, they welded a big heavy custom frame for the rear 1/2 under the bed to a stock half ton frame under the cab and front end, should be lots of fun and real safe towing heavy :rolleyes:. Oh, it had a diesel too, dont remember what it was, but it had real impressive #'s. It's not a concept vehicle, they claim it's a one-off project vehicle. Wasn't built by Toyoyo either...

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
I was mistaken when I said the rear frame was custom. :eek: I Re-read the article, the rear half of the frame is a section out of a Tundra Reg Cab with a 6.5' bed. So, they took 2 donor frames, 1 from a crew cab tundra for the front half, and 1 from a reg cab short box and welded them together. They're quoting a GVW in the article of 35,000lbs, yeah right. Some one should tell these guys that G rated tires and wheels dont make a strong truck! With the frame flex issues the tundras have had, I'd love to see them hook up something heavy to this thing and watch 'er fold! :eek: The engine is a 8.0l I6 CRD out of a Hino commercial truck. Reading the article again, I get a kick out of the writers enthusiasm over this thing! :haha

·
Registered
170 Posts
here's some pictures...

I'll stick with the big 3 for "real" truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts