Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently use a touchpad, but sometimes find myself looking down to see where Im at on the touchpad while plowing. The touchpad is velcroed on my seat next to my right leg. I just bought a slick stick set-up and a new style touch pad. I am selling my old square touchpad "what a a horrible design".

? What are you guys using?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just bought the touchpad for my Bronco. I have yet to use it though. My friend had the same touchpad in his Suburban and switched it out for the slik stik. He is much happier. I can see how it could get confusing where you are on the pad. I will keep you posted, I am workng this week on getting the Bronco on the road and "snow ready".:burnout Mike

·
Registered
569 Posts
I have the touch pad on my Meyer setup and don't like it. The "pads" should be raised up so you can feel them under your finger. I constantly have to look down at it. I also wish it would float down to the ground without having to push the "down" pad for so long. I actually preferred the old-style rocker switch controls we had on our Snoways.

I'm looking forward to using the Fishstik with my new Fisher V this winter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I too have the touch pad on one of my trucks and cannot stand it. All three other trucks have the old two switch setup and I prefer that over any other contol I have used. No fumbling for the correct button or picking it up off the floor after you set it on the dash and run over a pot hole.

The closest thing I ran to the slick stick was Western's version of the slick stick. I don't know anything about the Meyer version, but the Western control would not allow you to angle the blade while in the float position. Hopefully there have been design changes since the one I ran.

Andy

·
Registered
609 Posts
roblandscape said:
longo good point,...........does the meyer slick stick allow you to angle while in the float position?????
nope, only real drawback to them, if anyone wan ts to part with a old square touchpad just let me know and I will buy it from ya

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Next?? I just bought the new style touchpad, will that work with the old square harness from my other touchpad??

BTW A brand new slick-stik with harness is on ebay at 50$ I am selling it:shades

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes the new style touchpad ( black rectangle shape with raised lighted buttons) will work with old touchpad harness I just upgraded mine last year and it is so much better to use. I normally hold the pad in my right hand and operate plow and shift can do both at once.

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey guys i talked to meyers dealer they said that there are more problems with the stick than the pad something to do with the response time of the electrical from the stick to the pump makes the pump jam

·
Registered
10 Posts
robabner said:
Yes the new style touchpad ( black rectangle shape with raised lighted buttons) will work with old touchpad harness I just upgraded mine last year and it is so much better to use. I normally hold the pad in my right hand and operate plow and shift can do both at once.

I Plow like this all day long Love it!:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts