Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the local Curtis dealer this evening talking about my trucks. They are trying to tell me that an 8' Sno Pro 3000 (which I just bought) will be ok on my Tahoe. I had not even considered installing it on that truck because I've believed it to be too heavy. But they assure me that turning up the torsion bars a bit and adding Timbrens would make it all fine. That would be too good to be true as I would love that Tahoe to be my main plow truck. What do you guys think?

·
Tileman's Boys
1,094 Posts
put the plow on the tahoe crank the tbars and plow the hell out of it what the difference between the 8 and a 7.5 50 -60 lbs tops

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep you're right. I just looked it up and the 8' only weighs 45 lbs more than the 7.5. It's still 795 lbs though. Not sure if that includes the truckside mount or not. But I'll get them to install it on my Tahoe and then "plow the hell out of it." LOL Thanks

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I look at it this way: I'm 6', 225lbs. Would you really worry too much if 3-4 guys my size were hanging off the front of your truck? Granted, I don't know how long I could hold on, but, you get the idea.

I used to say fat chicks, but my wife started hitting me.....with wepons.:wink

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
The suspension isnt going to collapse if thats what you mean . Once fully outfitted/ballasted it will be fine but you shouldnt exceed the front axle rating .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts