Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were discussing the Cooper Discoverer M&S Snow,and I wanted to post some pics here.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Director of Comedy
3,084 Posts
I put these on my f-250 and they bite incredibly well over a regular mud and snow. Great tire but I think they wear quick in summer but I'll take that tradeoff

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey chris

I like those tires. Im thinking of changeing mine in the spring.The stock tires arent very agressive, and honestly look too small.
What size would I be able to go to, and can I have the speedo adjusted....thanks for the help
I was thinking of the 265,, how much taller is a 265. the stock are 245....:beatsme

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mike

You should be able to put the 265's on no problem.I would get a set of used steel rims and run them in the winter only,and keep your other tires for summer use.

Cooper does rate them for all season use,but i have heard they wear quickly.Using them for snow only,you should get 4-5 seasons out of them.

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Put these Bridgestone Dueler AT REVO's on my 2500. I went to the 265.75x16 E rating

Supposedly they have great snow traction

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
This year looks like that last season for my Michelins. Not that great for snow traction either I might add. They wore evenly but big deal!
I spoke to two guys at a gun range that just happened to be discussing their tires. The one had the Discoverer M/S and hated them from very quick wear out (15Kmi and wearbars are showing). The other fella had the Bridgestones and loves them so far. Neither guys plow. The Cooper user did a tremendous of highway driving/towing.

Any comments about the BF Goodrich A/T in a load range E?

Or how about these Cooper Discoverer S/T tires over the M/S? I plan to keep the tires on factory alloy wheels year round so they will see dry pavement and lots of towing too. What ya think?

Attachments

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Haven't had a chance to plow with them yet, but the wet traction seems to be what they say it was. which is pretty darn good

I have them in E range, pretty Sturdy looks.

If you look at Bridgestone, make sure you look at the DuelerAT REVO

They aren't too noisy, I just drove up to Portsmouth NH a week or so ago and they handled fine in rain, Can't wait to try them in snow

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Roger

If you have to have an all season tire,then the Cooper Discoverer AT is the way to go.It's a good all around tire.It will never match the M&S on snow and ice,but it will do fine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Daytom Timberline

I have a set of Dayton Timberline 245/75 R16 E series, 10 ply, on my rig....don't do much pushin, but i've pulled a few fords outta the mud with them :burnout pretty solid tire, wear is minimal ( maybe cause the trucks parked :eek: ) but seem like a great tire for the truck....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Ive run the Coopers on all my trucks,thats all I use now. I have set of S/T's,and A/T s on different wheels for different seasons.I also have the M/Ss on my other truck.They are great all around tires ,IMO. The ATs have great traction on the rear of my Ram,snow traction of the AT is slightly worse than BFG all terrain KO's.,but the Ms 's are better,so are the S/T's. Tire life is at east as good as the BFG's if not better. When i had BFG 285/75/r16s I could spin them well into third gear on hot,clean dry blacktop with "only 450HP", now with 550hp on #2 I can spin these coopers into 3rd easliy,but when i had 450hp,they hooked quickly in 2nd gear after the 1-2 shift(barks tires). Pelican I'd go with the M/S you wont be dissapointed

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
John, the way you go through rear tires :burnout

I would think you had Cooper as a Sponsor of your truck !!!:D

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am planning on replacing all my tires with Cooper M&S Tires.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I am still up in the air as for what to put on the durango, I like the looks of the cooper snows but the truck sees 20k a year

I know I can get 25k out of a set of siped SSR's and have better summer offroad performance. noise is not an issue

have also been looking at the goodyear wrangler at and the mt/r

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I had a set of those General Grabbers, I'll never own another one. ThHe Kumho M/Ts look pretty good, they are supposed to be great in snow as well. It's a toss up between the Kumhos or a set of BFG A/T's next time.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What problems did you have with the Grabbers? Were they the M/T's or A/T's? I have the BFG A/T's on my plow truck now, have not used them in the snow yet but they look like they will do well. How much to the Kumhos go for?:cash

1 - 20 of 108 Posts