Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after purchasing my F-350 new in 2001, I fit it with Timbren boosters up front to help with carrying the Blizzard 810 around. This past storm the truck was handling a little funny so I looked at the front axle and discovered I had lost one of the rubber cushions. I went to the Timbren site to get the part number to buy a replacement kit (the first time around there was some confusion and the dealer had ordered me the wrong kit) wanting to get the right kit the first time. I noticed they had a customer service icon so I filled out the questionnaire and told them my problem, giving them the specifics of the truck.

The following day I was contacted by email by their customer service representative. He instructed me on where to locate the part number for booster as over the course of time it had faded. I found it and provided it to him as he had requested and he stated he would ship a replacement out tomorrow free of charge! I hadn't contacted them expecting this response, and I mentioned that my plan was to replace both boosters, so that they would be of the same strength and to avoid future problems with the 12 year old remaining booster. I requested to purchase the additional booster and his reply was that he'd send out two free of charge!!

Don't you wish all manufacturers stood behind their product like that???

·
Registered
529 Posts
We've used Timbrens on the last 6 trucks and anytime we had a question they were top notch getting right back to us. Never had one go missing but good on them for sending out the replacements.

·
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not going to turn this thread into a debate on what I coulda shoulda done, it's about Timbren doing the right thing in an environment where that is rarely found. If something different is working for you, good deal.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - SPONSOR
2,184 Posts
Steve
The guys at Timbren have been fantastic to deal with. Thats one of the reasons that we chose to handle their product line. The go out of there way to make sure everyone ends up HAPPY.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
They are awsome co to deal with. when i had my '97 chevy i put them on the front just like steve to help with the plow weight . Then i had a problem with them i called they sent out another set figureing that something was wrong with the fist because it really looked like it cleared everything . after awhile the same thing happened they where the right set acording to them for my truck part numbers all matched.
well after time of doing this i talked with i think the owner or some one really high up in the co it's been so long i forgot who it was he name if i rember right was ED sanders i think. well anyway he was comming out to Boston for one of the shows and said he would stop by and he did took a look at the truck and then said that my front end was different?? i guess gm neglected to tell anywone about making a cast front end and not a steel one for this particular model of truck i had. but once he say the problem he knew what kit would work because i guess they did make one for it and he sent it out no charge. but it was great customer service which would make me come back to buy more of there products. I think i posted this way back on here or the dark side not sure. .

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Glad you're satisfied with thick ball of rubber.
Someone's mother must have not taught them if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Was your last comment really needed, no. Steve made a post about a company that stood behind their product, and instead you have to be a smart ass. That's whats wrong with people now adays, respect has been lost.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Glad you're satisfied with thick ball of rubber.
How is this comment even relevant to the OP?

There are some companies that stand behind their stuff. I had a problem with my Boss plow. Im 120 miles from a dealer, and Boss treated me great. Even overnighted my parts in with specific instruction to install them.

Ive used Timbrens in the past. Always had good luck with them. Thanks For letting us know what kind of a company they are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't want to pile on here, but those Timbren Aeon springs are not just a thick peice of rubber. If you go on Timbren's website and read what they are all about, a fair amount of engineering goes into them. The air cavity has to be a certain size for every spring and their has to be a certain volume of air inside of that cavity. Rubber has to be a certain type and durometer for the many different applications, there's a lot to it. I'm still researching what to use in my truck, but threads like this and cat320's previous posting on the subject are making this a very difficult choice. Timbren sounds like a stand-up company and those are getting harder to find these days. The great thing about America is that it's a free country and we're all free to choose (well, relatively speaking I guess) what we want to use for equipment. Everybody's needs and wants are different, and thank God for that.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Timbren is a stand-up company. Having tried the airbag route, I am much happier with timbrens.

·
4,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was able to replace the Timbrens last week and was able to figure out why it failed. The fender washer that holds the rubber bushing in place rusted away and the bushing fell off, the rubber didn't fail. I used a stainless washer this time so I don't expect it to happen again. Those of you using them may want to check on the condition of this washer to prevent failure.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I put a 2 inch "leveler kit" in the front of my dually. I called the guy at Timbren that I met at SIMA. he had his team build me a set for a 2" lifted truck. They arrived in good time and worked as promised. And I only paid $10 more than list for the mods to make them work with my leveled/lifted truck. SWEET ! We just put them on one of my guys trucks as well. There may be better options out there but I ain't seein them.:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts