Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to install Timbrens on a 96 bronco with quad suspension and I can't get the factory bump stops off. I was working on the pass. side for a good amount of time and had no luck. Does anyone have any tips to get them off. I thought they were easy to install. :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall :headwall

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just finshed the timbrens on my TTB ranger.

the drvs bumpstop was gone (yay) the passengers was a sawzall, air chisel, 5lb mallet combo as the frame is a c channel there with the opening facing away from the worker (me) and covered by another frame member.

mine were held in by a 3/8 ? bolt with a 1/2 nut on it. access is super limited so I went with the attack method.

no problems on the install.

Dean

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just be careful using that heat wrench! The last time I used it on my Ranger there was so much plastic and rubber in that area (front wheelwell) that I ended up with a little black smoke and extra flame!! LOL! I also found out that washer fluid is flamable the hard way! Luckily the hose was handy and it went out quick. If it's rivited in you should be able to take an air chisel and pop it off, if it's a nut that is rusted on try the heat wrench. Good luck!

Bill

·
Registered
447 Posts
I used my trusty rotozip. Ah yes, you may laugh... but it took 4.5 seconds to cut them off. I got the attachment that looks kinda like an angle grinder, with a steel cutting blade, and it works awesome. I don't use wrenches anymore, I just cut the old bolts off and get new ones. saves on the knuckles for sure. After the stops where removed, the timbrens went on real easy...

good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.