Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 fullsize Bronco (OJ Simpson style) with a 302, it currently has a 182 deg. therostat in it. The factory temp gauge just makes it into the "normal" range and the heater is not great, just enough to keep the windows clear. Is it worth trying a hotter therostat perhaps a 192 or would I be risking the truck overheating?

Ray

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Get a 195 degree t-stat.The stat has no effect on a vehicle overheating (unless it's bad).

Do a good cooling system flush while your in there,to get all the crud out.Maybe the heater core is plugged up a bit.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I had an 89 302 Bronco . I had a time keeping the windshield clear . I believe Ford never upsized the heating system to take in account the large interior volume . I are you using timbrens ? I had a poor timbren substitute ( hard rubber bumpers ) it was a jarring ride to say the least

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try the 195 therostat, I replaced the heater core last year but I'll flush it anyways. I don't have timbrens on the front, I only use the truck as back-up. In the last 5 years I have only used the truck for plowing about 4 times for a couple of driveways so I don't want to spend too much $ on it.

Thanks Ray

1 - 4 of 4 Posts