Snowplow Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good thing this place is free to new ideas... sadly it is due to the fact it lacks more than one regular poster.... I was reading an interesting post on another site and poof it was erased . I suspect the poor author was banished too and for what ideas against the orthodoxy of the membership.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good thing this place is free to new ideas... sadly it is due to the fact it lacks more than one regular poster.... I was reading an interesting post on another site and poof it was erased . I suspect the poor author was banished too and for what ideas against the orthodoxy of the membership.
Yep, the poor author was promptly banned.... poor guy just wanted to talk about economics.
it’s funny how one can be banned for prompting full employment and MMT.... but this poor fool clearly doesn’t understand that PS is tight Friedman Zone.

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
it’s Amazing you could even see his posts, since when you’re banned, not being able to login, doesn’t allow you to view the off topic section which all of his posts were in.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It was shaping up to be the most amusing interactions on the site in months. But, it was all too short. You predictably added nothing of merit. Others seem to throw around references to me any time they see a new face. Clue, I never post. I just lurk.

I liked Philbilly claiming his debt free business model was going to save him from what is shaping up to being one of the biggest credit liquidity crunches in history. The author didn’t seem to put into his argument the very important fact private debit is now 170% or so of the GDP this includes personal and corporate debit... not a good sign when unemployment keeps ticking up. Next month expect to see 6+ million unemployed. Then of course millions will start defaulting on a pretty chunk of that massive private debt. That will only start to accelerate this snowball. Which will put even more pressure on the businesses as consumers become even more frugal and credit becomes more difficult to procure and force people to do two things: limit services they employ in there lives and businesses or find cheaper providers of those services... instead of a professional lawn mowing service they might get a 15 year old for $45 cash instead of $150.00. This will cause a drop in prices, real wages and a deflation of the dollar–1930 all over again.

But you geniuses Think its a bad idea to accept a helping hand from the government... clue you’ll be the one without a crew or clients if the guy accepting government help is able charge less and maintain employment.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then MJD called the guy a troll and doubted his idea of creating research... because he had opinions— well, if you are going to create a dialectic argument you have to take a position and defend it. That’s how it works. But then again MJD is not the sharpest guy around.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if PS will be around much longer— hard to justify the costs of maintaining and upgrading sites like Plowsite or Lawnsite if ad revenue is down and most of the traffic is done by 10-20 posters. This site might vanish too... but PS doesn’t seem to have any ads on it anymore and I am sure corvid19 isn’t a great thing for a business like C media which also depends on live events. Those won’t be happening.

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
I wonder if PS will be around much longer— hard to justify the costs of maintaining and upgrading sites like Plowsite or Lawnsite if ad revenue is down and most of the traffic is done by 10-20 posters. This site might vanish too... but PS doesn’t seem to have any ads on it anymore and I am sure corvid19 isn’t a great thing for a business like C media which also depends on live events. Those won’t be happening.
They’re aiming for 35 trillion in debt Connor, that’s the best way to operate anyways...

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Companies are going to cut back on services
They’re aiming for 35 trillion in debt Connor, that’s the best way to operate anyways...
$35 Trillion is what that poster was pushing for his economy plan. I wanted to hear it out. I did want to hear that out more. I was so close to asking questions. But I refrained. I have to say i liked his bold thinking. Clearly, the plan was a total overhaul of the economy new deal style. The GND was clearly necessary. The lead economist of Diem25 just put out a 3 point video today that had everything this young economist promoted:

1) €1trillion in ECB 30 year yeild
2) €2,000 per person in the Euro Zone
3 GND

now the Diem25 economist Yanis Varoufakis. But I bet his numbers will be much higher then €10 trillion euros and much longer than just 1 year in scope.

I am just saying a truth and the other guy pointed this out too. The costs of maintaining websites that bring in little revenue (potential no revenue if the ads drop completely) at present might be shuttered is especially true if they have paid staff. Why keep people around on the payroll if you just cancelled all your summer in person media events? While an internet presence is important is a message board necessary? That is debatable. The magazines are also rather comical construct out of online content. They also have only marginal articles for everything else. Nothing to write home about. They could do better with a digital news letter and ad banner.

·
Super Moderator
76 Posts
You don't have to keep talking as if it wasn't you posting, we all know if was you, you didn't get banned for trolling, you got banned for multiple accounts.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What flag is by my name now? I use a VPN. So, I never appear to be in the same place twice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.