Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... This may be redundant for some here, but I thought I'd share my post from the "old" place...

12-06-03
I'm glad I have a new camera, so I can share this with all of you... My wife thought I was crazy taking these pictures on our way to my son's hockey practice... But I explained that "the plow guys" on the internet will get a kick out of it... Two houses down from me, I found this and 12 hours later nothing has moved at this "DIRT driveway" location...

The truck!

The plow!

The aftermath...

·
Registered
866 Posts
LMAO!!!

Aww- Whats the matter? Wouldn't the plow work? It's supposed to be a great plow according to their advertising!!

It was supposed to be a great little homeowner plow?!

Oh well- just goes to show that there is a sucker born every minute.

You didn't stop and offer to plow them out did ya? Or couldn't you stop snickering long enough to?

LOL!

Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cnypropertysvcs said:
LMAO!!!
You didn't stop and offer to plow them out did ya? Or couldn't you stop snickering long enough to?
Bill
Naa... I stopped over one day about a month ago, all the lights were on and two cars in the driveway... My daughter knocked on the door in an attempt to sell them Girl Scout fundraiser items, but they would not come to the door... So there went their one and only offer from me to plow their driveway this season...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
LOL another satisfied customer i see lol bet he was kicking himselff in the butt for blowing all that money for a lawn ordiment...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gee- I think the price just went up......

Nobody answers the door, tried to use their nice new lawn ornament that failed pitifully. I can just see them coming and begging yuo to plow them out after you get home from a 12 hour run.

Sound like the beginning of one of those mastercard commercials...

It's going to be tough looking them in the eye and trying not to chuckle thinking of thier little plow!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
cnypropertysvcs said:

It's going to be tough looking them in the eye and trying not to chuckle thinking of thier little plow!!

Bill
thats when you walk up and ask if he got that for his kids bigwheel so he can play snowplower... because ya know noone in their right mind would get one other than for that... lol

Or you just walk up laugh and say your wife called me because she has found yours to be little and inaddiquite and she finds you cant satisfy her needs... for plowing that is... (Make sure to get the last part out before being hit though lol

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
What is it? At first I thought it was a pusher and was thinking "How can that pickup possibly handle that?" And "how did they park it?" cause it looked like the connection was against the trees. Then I realized it was actually very small and goes around the sides of the truck.(?) But I still can't figure out what it is:confused: :beatsme .

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
**** said:
What is it? At first I thought it was a pusher and was thinking "How can that pickup possibly handle that?" And "how did they park it?" cause it looked like the connection was against the trees. Then I realized it was actually very small and goes around the sides of the truck.(?) But I still can't figure out what it is:confused: :beatsme .
Its a snowbear(wannabe) plow...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://www.solotec.com/

If you find yourself buried in snow drifts, you might want to pick up the Driv'nPlow from Solotec. A seriously creative solution to blocked driveways, the Driv'nPlow attaches to your car or truck, allowing you to clear a path while sipping coffee in the comfort of your driver's seat. There's no better way to beat - really beat - the elements. Driv'nPlow: US$299.96. Some cars will need an accessory kit, $146.96. Solotec: (888) 765 6832, email [email protected] solotec.com.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Thanks, Seth. I've never seen one except on their website. I just went back to the Snowbear website and it doesn't look anything like this. On the website, it says "easy angle" and shows a picture of a guy pushing on one side of the moldboard. I guess that means you have to get out and manually angle it? No wonder I've never seen anything like it. I guess it'd be all right in some level, straight driveway with an inch or so where all you had to do was drive straight up and straight back. According to the site it has a remote control to lift and lower. Apparently an electric hoist?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If I remember right, Solotec is what was recommended for a guy who wanted to put a plow on a Unibody Jeep Cherokee.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love those pics..

Maybe after all that rain he can get his 2WD truck close enough to hook up that big yellow strap on :eek:

Won't do much good but it may look kinda neat ;)

-Henri

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just for hoots and hollers I went to the solotech site- check out this testimonial from someone who uses it on their GEO METRO!!!

LOL! I couldn't believe it!!!!

Bill:D :burnout

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
from solotec website:
We expect our customers to take full responsibility for common sense use of our products.
This comment was related to airbag deployment, but COME ON, PEOPLE!!! Would anyone with a DROP of common sense even give one of these a second look? They make their money off of a lack of common sense, then expect their customers to exercise it.

irony is beautiful

·
Registered
75 Posts
It took ages for me to figure out what it is (at least until I got further down the page!). I visited the SoloTec (?) site for s**ts and giggles, and came across this in the FAQ:
The Driv'nPlow® is not for industrial grade applications use nor intended for road use.
Really now? I never would have figured that. I was all ready to get one for my lowered Civic (nitro-equipped!) so I could go out and bid for the Wal-Mart distribution centre lot. Does anyone have any tips for estimating how long it will take? Oh yeah- will I need insurance, or does my car insurance cover it? :confused:

:D :D :D

That was great.... made up for my otherwise horrible day!

aleksei

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
aleksei said:
Oh yeah- will I need insurance, or does my car insurance cover it? :confused:

:D :D :D

aleksei
I think your car insurance will cover anything that may happen. But be sure to check with your agent (after the accident will be fine. That way, if nothing happens you won't need to worry about it.)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
It actually is a cost effecient system. You can save the cost of buying your kids a Little Tikes Slide by simply tilting that thing on its side in the summer for the kids to slide down.

:D

Jay

1 - 18 of 18 Posts