Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
C55B1EA0-E591-42C1-B816-89392E9B87F5.jpeg

I am curious how much snow this Plow Can theoretically move at specific speed... anyone know any formulas?

·
753 Posts
Are you going to have a give us more than that. will need the snow density
Depth , grade of slope. Tractive forces...etc etc plow dimensions
Yadda yadda yadda

Why don’t you measure a section of Rodeway get all the calculations in order and then use your plow.

Then write a paper and post a link to it. We would enjoy reading your scientific data on this .

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need the formulas first... but actually doing that study would be fun for me.

tractive effort wouldn’t be necessary. Since we are talking about volume. However, it would be cool to figure out just how much force it requires to move x amount of snow y distance.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
While having high subsonic plow would be cool... I actually, think the test is misleading since the test didnt actually have 1-2 tons of a Vee plow onto a sled with 75k of thrust... they just built the front edge of the plow.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
And this is the drivel you are posting to build this community back up?

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
BTW, if you're trying to build this community up, why do you keep registering under new names at plowsite?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, while I was searching Project Gutenberg i found an interesting old book with a formula for farmers that stated surface area of moldboard x density of soil gave the resistance on a plow. So, that is a start.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts