Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
maybe this isn't the right place to put this thread if not would someone move it please.

now i wanted to hear from a few of you guys what you would like out of a snow removal equipment dealer.as far as types of equipment service parts truck parts and acc.if you had a dealer two blocks from you what would you like him to carry.now would you like to have a small dealer with 1 or 2 main lines of equipment
or a few like western,boss,downeaster,air-flow,tenco,smith,nova just to name a few.i will tell you why im asking this at a later time.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
I think it would be nice to have a dealer that carried many lines but on the otherside of that the bigger they get the worse it is .Sometimes just having a few good lines is the best for parts and service as they would stock more and now more of that product verses haveing to many parts to stock and too many brands not be aquainted with for repair.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
its nice to have a dealer that carrys minor truck repair items such as batterys, capability of fixing flats, 24hr parts service during storms... i would have to say it would be better to carry a couple of good lines and mabye just stock emergency parts for some of the other brands especially if ya have parts service during a storm its a good way to pick up some extra business if your going to be open anyways...

·
Registered
265 Posts
dealer

thier is a dealer by me that sells and services many types of plows and parts, they are open when it snows 24 hrs when it is snowing, only draw back is they raise all the prices, big time and hr rate to repair some thing is 3 times the amount, than a regular day !!! dont get me wrong, every body wants to make $$$$ but i think this is a rip off!! between me and 2 other plowers we have extra parts, and most of what we need one has his own shop is a mechanic, if some thing happens we are all in 3-4 miles apart, we go to the shop and help each other out, dont want to get riped off!! i know every one does not have option, but check out dealerls and repair places and see how they work, when its snowing out? just my 2 cents !! Campi !!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'd like for them to have various product lines, excellent product knowledge and service. It would be a must for them to have 24 hour storm service.:shades

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would like to see a dealer with a few lines and be knowledgable about them plus provide 24 hour service during storms and also be able to handle other aspect of setting up a plow truck( installation of bigger batteries, alternators, timbrens, ect...)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have to agree with campi i can understand charging a little more but dont rape the customer on prices during the storm...

·
Registered
144 Posts
24 hour service during storms is how I decide who I purchase equipment from. Also the parts people should know about the eq. that they sell and service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts