Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Sweet, I sure would like to see that white stuff also....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is that you in the Chevy? Just so I know who to wave to if I see that truck around. I think it's the only Blizzard in the area, I remember seeing one but couldn't remember the truck behind it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
those are sweet townhomes, where are they located:usa

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
Bonzai, that spot of pavement at the nose of your truck in front of the garage door, is that what you guys consider driveways?

I think I'm beginning to understand that snowblower thing that goes on up there if that's a typical driveway.

By the way, nice plow!:wink

·
Registered
119 Posts
This is what an average driveway looks like in this area. There are thousands of these houses in a very small radius and hundreds more being developed every year in surrounding area.

There's no shortage of work here, that's for sure.

I do about 50 of these myself, including the walkway/stairs and it takes me on average 6hrs for a 2" snowfall. Anything over 4" and I bring a shoveler along.

I believe the snowblower thing was in Montreal, not quite the same as here.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bonzai, that spot of pavement at the nose of your truck in front of the garage door, is that what you guys consider driveways?
Yes Pelican I know they are small but we do 800 of them. If we get 2"-4 " it takes us about 3.5 -4 hours to do them all. This is done with 7 trucks.On top of these drives we have many condo highrises and industrial lots to plow.It gets very busy if it snows all day.We also do all 800 walkways on these sites. Four 2 man shovelling crews are dedicated for this. All our trucks have salters on them except mine and my partners, ranging in size from tailgate units, 8' slidein V`s to our largest unit that holds 5 tons.The largest unit is a homemade dump tail gate salter that runs on a custom made hydraulic system. It is one sweet set-up, as it is not near as bulky as the other types you see out there. Two guys can take it off in 1 minute by hand.five years of use on it without a single problem. I`ll post pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Now thats goin at it. Thats alot of work there! I love that Blizzard tho, I am sure that is plays a big part in you taking on all that work. Moving snow like that has got to be one of the biggest benefits from the Blizzard. Now I am going to go and check my lotto numbers and maybe pick up a couple if I won.
:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bonzai

We saw you and your team operating at Bayview & Hwy 7 the other night, it might have been at a school parking lot. We were very impressed seeing the Jeep and 2 or 3 other trucks trackling the parking lot at the same time(without driving into each other lol).

Ray

1 - 17 of 17 Posts