Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya all! Gittin' tight and close to winter. I've got the ole' cable set up, what I think is called the Insamatic? any how the unit I've had for yrs, person before me never kept grease in the updown or leftright box to keep the water that gets in from rusting out the levers for cable hook up. I've been able to use JB weld of all things to fix that issue and put in a drain hole and grease...it's been a great unit...but it's ware'in out!

So, I bought another one used, it been in the guys barn. Seemed to be a very clean unit and was taken off the plow truck due to issues with the truck not the unit. However when I got it home...

I've got the up and down to work great! Cuz the cable lever moves fine. but......the left and right cable lever..is locked up.
DAMN! All right (not)...Any ideas? of where or how it's locked up?

Throw me some idea's.......please....how would U proceed in getting that lever to become free again...I pray it does not involve a major dismantle? Thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That valve body will come off, get a gallon of a rust inhibitor and soak it for a few days. You can download the repair manuel from the Western site.Here it is.
THANKS! That valve body...??...is there a gasket that may get torn upon removal? Will I be able to order a new gasket, or just use the black gasket maker (as for auto's)? let me go check out this link, perhaps more answer's there...thanks again!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts