Snowplow Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
We have had 4 events so far this year. Normal is 22. We can't put the plows up for summer until after the 15th of May. Here is April 29, 2009.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Last bigger snowfall was end of december, since then only 4 times around 2 inches. :(
Lots of sunny cold days but no snow.
We are talking for this saison of 15 % of the normal snowfall. :eek:

First winter doing all snowblower work for the municipality so i learnd what i get in a slow winter. It only can get better next year. :popcorn2

Btw, it's snowing right now here,but it's melting faster then snowing. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
i WOULD KEEP THE PLOWS OUT. i JUST READ THE THE WEATHER BLOGS AND RAN THE MODELS FOR THE NEXT 7 DAYS. iN CT WE HAVE 2 CHANCES OF SNOW SUNDAY NIGHT AND WED/ THUR. THE NORTH ATLANIC IS GOING NEG AGAIN SO THAT MEANS SNOW. IT HAS BEEN POSITVE FOR THE LAST 4 WEEKS SO WE SAW NO SNOW HERE. iT LOOKS LIKE THE SAME PATTERN AS THE SECOND WEEK OF JANUARY WITH OUT ARTIC AIR.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
2 storms this last week, 3-5" coming for tomorrow. We still have a few weeks left I think. I am swinging by the Boss dealer tomorrow and buying shoes though.:wink

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Nope, just been spreading salt like crazy on the paved ones. Tomorrow, however, may be a different story. Looks like some roads may be frozen and highs of 35-40 all week. Might have to do some of my roads and sand them heavy.:wink

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can just about guarantee another major storm as I took the studded snows off the Yaris Sat. The plow however is still sitting in front of the dually and the wider bucket is on the New Holland. Bill C

·
Registered
400 Posts
I NEVER fix damage till april for that reason. Were not supposed to get more than a couple inches, Im hoping itll melt as it comes down between ground temps & air @ freeezing or there about. I know one of the Lowes we do already blocked off our snow storage areas with there trailers....dont know where to put the snow without them bit#$ing as they did when we pushed it to the other end. I guess well just block the trailers in ??? I may have to call them tomorrow

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
plows go back on tomorrow.:rolleyes:
yeah put them on i'm busy and don't need snow right now lol all going to be south matt will see more in ct

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
yeah put them on i'm busy and don't need snow right now lol all going to be south matt will see more in ct
I had 2" at my house the town had to plow the roads and salt some. All my accounts had barely 1/2" on the grass and nothing on the roads.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
About two inches here, a bit more in some spots. Over mud. Whatever frost was in the ground from yesterday AM came out under that nice warm blanket of snow.

I didn't put on my plow or load sand, I expected a dud even though NWS said "winter storm warning" for 5-9 inches. Looked like a dud at 7:30 AM yesterday.

Did go get one truck back from the shop just in case.

·
Registered
81 Posts
She's not singing hear today. I got 8 inches of fairly wet stuff last night.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
I plowed some of my paved ones this morning. We still have a ways to go.:popcorn2

21 - 40 of 58 Posts