Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a truck that had the mount and all truck side wiring. I was used to an old cable plow, so I found a used straight blade steel plow with the rt3? mount. I bought a new hand held control on eBay. I tried to attach it below. I have not had the plow on the truck yet so I tried today. I have two problems and not sure where to start.
When I plugged in the control there should be a light come on according to the paper work. I did not get that to happen . When I plugged in the wiring from the plow to the truck plugs the toggle switch on the side of the plow did respond when toggled down. It did not when toggle up to get the plow mount to lean back toward the truck according the the diagram. Please correct me if I am not understanding that part correctly.

The 9 pin plug in the truck is from the dash is as it came. There is also a rocker button switch on the dash labeled " truck and plow ". I am assuming this may be for the plow lights?

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will have to trace the 12 volt power source from the controller to your fuse box. It should have a fuse inline, and it also should be hooked up to a power source that is hot when the ignition is turned on, and off then the ignition is turned off. You should also trace the ground wire to the controller to make sure it is a good ground, with no corrosion. The light on the controller should illuminate when the on/off switch is flicked to the on position. That should be your starting point. It may just be a blown fuse. You can get installation instructions on the Boss website to see how to wire it correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have to trace the 12 volt power source from the controller to your fuse box. It should have a fuse inline, and it also should be hooked up to a power source that is hot when the ignition is turned on, and off then the ignition is turned off. You should also trace the ground wire to the controller to make sure it is a good ground, with no corrosion. The light on the controller should illuminate when the on/off switch is flicked to the on position. That should be your starting point. It may just be a blown fuse. You can get installation instructions on the Boss website to see how to wire it correctly.
Thank you for the starting points. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Got myself banged up a bit and haven't been able to able to do anything the last week. Hopefully I can possibly this weekend. Thank you again

·
Registered
9 Posts
No problem. With the ignition turned on, you should have power to the controller, and when the controller is tuned on the red light should come on the controller. For testing purposes, you can run a jumper wire from the battery to the controller, and then see if the plow works? The plug that has the 2 large wires that are hooked to the battery should have power at the plug. Also test the ground there at the plug. You should hear the solenoid click when the the controller is engaged in any function, except lower, even if the large 2 wire plug is disconnected. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts