Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A "friend" of mine.... Ever notice how people who never call you any other time of year always seem to call at that first flake of snow???

Anyway, he was asking about either a Fisher 500 or a Buyers tailgate/receiver hitch sander. Says prices are somewhat comparable I guess. I've never used either. He's got about a quarter mile worth of driveway and his own plow.

I told him I would put it to the masses.....

:feedback

Pete

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
If its only for his own driveway, I'd seriously consider just a heavy-duty walk behind broadcast spreader.

I know I couldn't justify the $800 for that spreader just for my driveway...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean although he did manage to justify about $3k for the plow. :eek: He's got the hydro walkbehind mower, real-deal 18 seat home theater, etc. Does pretty well as a consultant type. Works from home so I imagine he finds a way to write it all off...Wish I had that kind of cash just burning a hole. I offered to hit his drive if it got bad as a neighbor, not a contractor. I'm busy enough in the winter that I don't want residentials. But he happily declined my offer and just wanted an opinion. Probably more about HAVING it than using it!

I guess I'll just tell him to go with the Fisher. At least the dealer is local so if it screws up I won't get the call... Heck, might even be worth it for me to pay the difference in costs to keep him off my back!! LOL :argue

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
What a great neighbor you are, I think?? LOL :argue

Fisher is a good brand & other models of spreaders they make are great. So I would guess that one is a good one too. If he wants to spend the money, tell him to go for it.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Even if it's just for your own home,you've got the $$$,then buy a tailgate unit.Nothing beats the convenience of doing it inside a warm heated cab.

I don't think he could go wrong with either one,they are both good products.I would probably take the Fisher over the Buyers,especially if he's got a matching Fisher plow. :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks wyldman....
Meyers are yellow too right? LOL! I'll have to ask his wife if color matching is a priority!

Mine didn't match BTW! :( Beat up old, mostly orange, Air-Flo.

But this year I don't need that..I'll have the new truck at home and ready for snow! The Mack de-ice rig! With a new Fisher spreader and a full 500 gallons of Magic or Caliber, that ought to take care of 150 feet of driveway! :D

Pictures to follow next week....hopefully!

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'll second wyldman If thats what he wants, and he's got the:cash then :burnout to the dealer.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts