Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I appologize now for not having a camera on me when I saw this. It was a newer Case 580 backhoe sporting a 10' Pro-Tech box. On the back boom it looked like they took the bucket off, got a quick attach mount, welded a steel plate to it (think like a compactor plate), mounted a trailer hitch to it and then put a SnowEx spreader on. They were using the spreader for sidewalks leading from the main doors to the parking lot. 1 guy was shoveling the walks into the parking lot, then the backhoe came by, scooped up the snow, and salted the walks as he drove by. For the long walks he would turn the boom and reach the salter out up the walk. It was pretty neat to watch and a very clever concept.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
These are also commercially available and are made of steel so the backhoe can self load from a salt pile. The back edge is reinforced so that it can perform like a loader bucket and scoop into the pile.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These are also commercially available and are made of steel so the backhoe can self load from a salt pile. The back edge is reinforced so that it can perform like a loader bucket and scoop into the pile.
Do you have a link? I know Hydrac makes a self loading one, but that mounts on a 3 point hitch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts