Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 7’6 straight blade 2 wire minute mount2. I just upgraded my truck but don’t want to upgrade the plow just yet. Is there anyway I can get the truck side wiring harness and push plates all rigged up for a new xv2 9’6 when the time comes and still use my straight blade for now. Will the push plates line up for both plows and can I make the 2 wire work with the new v plow harness?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes the pusplates are the same. And if the 7.5 is a MM2 with 2 plugs, the V will use the same wiring. So you wont need to do anything. The only exception would be if you wanted the new V with the new LED lights. The plowside of that is different.

There's not really any truck application that would be appropriate for both a 7.5 straight and a 9.5 V but I assume you realize that already.

I know you don't want to upgrade the plow just yet, but one thing to keep in mind is that you are likely to spend a lot more total money equipping the truck side only now, and buying the plowside only later. So unless the new plow is totally out of the question right now, you'd be much better off to buy the V at the same time as the install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts