Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after the last snow fall here a few things went south.

wiper motor crapped out (just about)............. fixed!
rusty leaky tranny line ................fixed

and now the whopper:
transfer case lower shifting mechanism. broke in 2. you know what this feels like when your plowing at 3am? and then the case slips into nuetral and you think it's the tranny?

got the part ($194) and it's been updated from the original. looks like this was a big problem as the parts guy said they couldn't get this part at all last year!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Yea, my wiper motor was on the way out last season. High speed didnt work. If you opened the hood and gave it a nice whack, or a quick slap, as Stephen likes to say :D, high would begin working again. Knock on wood, I didnt break anything this last storm on the truck itself, or the plow, except for that stupid raising problem I was having with the plow. I dont consider that breaking something though, pump pressure just needed some tweaking. ;) Glad to hear you fixed the wiper motor and trans lines. Did you fix the transfer case yet? Mike :)

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Ken , how did you make out with the T case shifter ? That happening at 3 am is a nightmare epecially it shifting to neutral .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yup i installed the new lower shifting mechanism. upon a closer inspection it looks identical to the old piece. the swap was a breeze and shifting is smoooooooooth.

bill,
i wish i had a video when that shifter broke. i'm sure it was quite an expression. when i figured what happened, i thought i could finish up the route. but then when it slipped into neutral i thought it was all over. d to r back and forth. it was only when i put it in park (hearing the clicking as the tranny was spinning) i knew what it was. grabbed the mag lite dove under the truck in the middle of the street and sorted it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.