Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this on the other site, sorry.
I am still haveing problems and found a post with the exact problems I am haveing, I printed it off and I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see what they can do.
It seems every time I have the plow on I go through this . I have too pull over to the side of the road, put truck in neutral , and rev the crap out of it to finally get the fan clutch to engage. When it does the tranny and engine temp come down, very fast. Then I;m good for the rest of the day. But once the truck cools, I go throught it again. heres what I found on the other site....below. any input

Recently I posted this issue. There was good response. I suggested people call my Chevy dlr. and talk to the service dept because as it turns out other dealers couldn't help. Well, to say the least there has been a big response. So big, my service manager has asked for people to stop calling for info. SORRY. He said any dealer in the country has the same info as him, and should be able to help you. He said that there is/are TSB's (techinal service bullitens covering this. I would also like to give the new part # for the new fan clutch that should be put into the vehicle.... GM part #22149894. Sorry for the trouble, but he was recieving so many calls that it was hurting his ability to do his job. My last piece of advice is if you go to your dealer with this info and they still can't help call the cust. assistance center 800# listed in the back of your owners manual. Thank you for your understanding. I still can't believe that there were this many dealers out there that were unwilling to help their customers.

:canada

·
Registered
252 Posts
more info on overheating problem

well as you know i also have a 2003 2500hd, allthough i wont have a plow on it till next season, so i have not had a overheating problem yet,, but after reading the post on the problem i called my dealership asked about the problemand gave him the information i got here he checked it out and sure enough said if i was going to put a plow on it it then i should have it changed out isaid yessssssssss i would be installing a plow on it for next season, and that i wanted it done so i made a appointment and will have them install the new fan clutch on the 17th, thank you very much pro property for passing this important information on, david:)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the new fan installed at the dealer a couple of days ago.
Not a single problem any more. I could never go over 45 mph with out a cooling problem . Now I can boogy down the highway at 60 mph, and every thing stays cool.....
works perfectly, ,,,, so far.....????????:canada :burnout :canada

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You probably need the fan changed also. It was changed under warranty.. check with your dealer.
good luck
mike:canada

1 - 8 of 8 Posts