Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned my computer on yesterday and down in the Icon bar at the bottom of the screen I have a big red X and pop ups keep coming up saying the computer is infected with spyware. I close it and it pops up about every 5 seconds.

I have verizon DSL along with their security suite. I ran there spyware scan and it removed a couple of programs that they said where low risk but this icon and pop up wont go away.

I clicked on it and it said AntiSpywareXP2009 Intsaller. My firewall stopped it from downloading and asked me if I wanted to continue. The publisher is unknown. I stopped the down load, ran my verizon spyware again and it said the computer was clean.

I can't get rid of the X icon or the pop ups. Anybody have any ideas.

Thanks,
Roger

·
Registered
270 Posts
Try downloading:

spyblaster.com

spybot.com

Both are free downloads that work GREAT. I have been using them for over 6 years and have never had a problem. Every month update the program, it is free, if you want automatic updates, you need to pay for the service.

·
Banned
3,450 Posts
DONT DOWNLOAD THAT THING THAT POPS UP!!!

I just dealt with this on my wife's computer, she got it by visiting some questionable websites. You have a malware, not spyware, and by downloading more of their garbage, you may as well just pack your computer up and send it to them... I tried spybot to no avail, and nortons was clueless on how to deal with it. Finally downloaded Malwarebytes and it took care of it. Check out this site, follow the instructions and download the malwarebytes software and run it. Took care of ours, hopefully it takes care of the problem you're having, it sounds just like what my wife had on her computer. Best part is, the download is FREE! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts