Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried mounting a v plow behind the cab on a 1/2 ton truck? I'd like to try mounting my plow mid point on my chevy. Can't go underneath because there's to much stuff In The way that would prevent it from lifting to high off the ground.
so I was think I got of putting a steel flat deck on and a drop bracket tied into the frame that would extend past the cab on either side just behind the cab and under the body. Then have the push poles running to it. Simular to how a dozer blade is attached. I think it would plow a lot better since it won't be front end heavy, back end light. Im also assuming it will wing a lot better than a front mount. I shouldn't need extra weight in the rear and there's no limit to how high I could lift the plow. I could actually make it so I could flip it right over onto the flat deck for transporting it to and from. All my plowing will be done on a lake where the snow gets really deep with rock hard snow drifts. Slush is almost a givencome Jan and feb from all the weight of the snow sinking the ice enough to let it flood with water. The road we make is about 40 feet wide so it lasts a snow fall or two before drifting in. My truck is a 86 k10 with a 4 inch lift and 35x12.5 tires. Full spool in the rear end and a mini spool up front. 406ci Sbc 450hp 500ft/lbs, and 4/10 gears. Any thoughts on my idea? Will it work? Might look funny but the trucks only purpose is to keep my road open. It won't even be coming back to town for summers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts