Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep burning up solenoid... seems like the motor keeps wanting to run. And builds up pressure to where once even totally shattered a gear in the pump.
Is there a relief valve of some type that keeps the pump from creating too much pressure? Western uni mount standard 7 1/2 ft blade

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Yeah it should have a relief valve. you have Isarmatic pump with selnoid valves right?

page 41 is the place to start trouble shooting. It’s either solenoid, short in the wiring harness, or the controller according to the manual. I would start by testing the solenoid then move to controller and finally the wiring harness itself.
it also has a section on adjusting the cross over relief valves.

·
Registered
226 Posts
First question, are you using Western solenoids, or auto parts store stuff? You want to use the Western trombetta solenoid. 56131k-2.
Second, when the solenoid sticks, unplug the controller, does it stop? There is a relief valve in the pump, but the motor will still have a strain on it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I took the front relief valve out and cleaned it up and put it back in. It worked perfect in the shop. Then outside it’s like it slowly built up pressure. And I was done! I see lots of tests... wish I knew which test was problem specific.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Well I took the front relief valve out and cleaned it up and put it back in. It worked perfect in the shop. Then outside it’s like it slowly built up pressure. And I was done! I see lots of tests... wish I knew which test was problem specific.
What exactly happened with the plow after you adjusted the relief valve?

·
Registered
226 Posts
What valve did you take out? how did you adjust it? Have you removed the motor and pump, cleaned out the housing, flush fluid from the cylinders, install new filter?
What exactly is the plow doing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I drained everything cleaning all fluid out. Replaced with good blue synthetic plow fluid. Also put on another solenoid. I works perfect! I think when I had someone use it they thought they were doing me a favor and put in type f tranny fluid. I just didn’t think it would affect it like that.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
So, I drained everything cleaning all fluid out. Replaced with good blue synthetic plow fluid. Also put on another solenoid. I works perfect! I think when I had someone use it they thought they were doing me a favor and put in type f tranny fluid. I just didn’t think it would affect it like that.
Glad, to hear it is working for you...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts