Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2010 F-250 SuperDuty Diesel 6.4 Powerstroke “ Lariot “
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this set up before?? On Western UltraMount motor pump & Solenoid
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior

I am in the process of replacing motor pump and solenoid on Western UltraMount straight blade plow. When I pulled the pins dropped the chains and opened case I saw this?? Has anyone seen a set up like this? Is it proper to bolt the solenoid on to the motor pump ?? I have always know the solenoid to be under the hood. Is this how the previous owner had it set or his Machanic had it set. Is this a correct way to have it wired. I have never seen anything like this. If anyone else has, please let me know if this is a different set up or a bad wiring job.
thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the new set up. It's factory
So that’s Legit ! @Knucklebusta Thanks for replying. Wow..Really that crazy, never seen nothing like that before. So now I am curious if the new pump motor coming in today 21500K-1 ( 12V ) an ( An Aftermarket ) product, will have holes made into the side to bolt the solenoid into like this old one does. If not I’ll have to drill holes on the back metal plate behind the motor, right next to the motor because the wires that are there now wouldn’t be long enough to reach any where else. I’ll be amazed if there are holes on the new aftermarket motor pump for the solenoid. Definitely not drilling my own into the new motor if there not.. Crazy… I guess I’ll see, I really appreciate that though, I thought if was a rig job. Lol
Curtainly helps me feel better to know that’s the new set up or the way it’s supposed to be.. Good looking Bro! @Knucklebusta “ will let you know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As stated, thats the new set up, and I think that cover is a pain in the a$$. Now that solenoid is a different part number than the other ones. I can post the part number when I get in to work if needed.
Absolutely! Thanks @dieseldude I have been very appreciative for all your feed back, your really helping a brother out. And what comes around goes around and I hope you get it back 7 fold in your life where ever Favor is needed. But yes that would be great! I am hoping it’s the same one I ordered and picking up today hopefully.. And Hell yeah that cover is a pain in the Ass! Had to pull the pins on the front lift cylinder & drop the chains just to get that cover off, also that back plate welded on behind the motor I guess designed to protect the back of the motor. That to is a pain in ass making it extremely tight to work around the motor so close to that plate, it’s crazy! They just make shit harder and harder. Lol
For the Solenoid i saw that with this particular plow, if you need to replace it. The new Solenoid has to be the one actually made by “ Western “ the Aftermarket one they make is shaped differently and you would need to drill new holes in the brackets from what I hear. I got this one, I hoping it the right one. Thanks Brother
Liquid Bottle Fluid Drink Cylinder

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is a FleetFlex system, the Western part # is 42902. I keep new ones non the shelf. It is a Trombetta 684-1221-212.
Awesome… Thanks for the real Western solenoid part numbers! Amazon is getting crazy the solenoid that came today is a completely different brand then the Trombetta in the picture
Fluid Automotive tire Cylinder Gas Auto part

They sent me this “ Buyers “ Solenoid. They keep changing things. I sure it will work, but they said it was a Western part in the discribution, the one in the picture like you said is a Trombetta, now the one they send is a “Buyers” and the motor still isn’t here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@dieseldude Thanks Man for all you help, you really saved my ass on this one. I got the Solenoid that I posted above and still never got the motor even though I ordered it 7-8 days before. I went back to your original comment response
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

8 days ago you said the solenoid was sticking and is definitely shot and needs to be replaced. And may need a new motor, but some how I read only “Need new motor”, which is what I guess I wanted to hear because I was convinced that was the problem, but you said “ may “ need new motor, not definitely needs to be replaced like the Solenoid.
As I reread your response, the storm coming in the morning, no motor came in when tracking said will be arriving today. I thought this must be some kind of sign or something. Lol
So I went out and swapped the old solenoid ( which was a Trombetta ) 😁 couldn’t see the label cause the metal plate was blocking it. Put the new one in bolted to the pump like the old ( the new set up ) and started putting everything back together. Remounted the plow and “ BAM “ smooth operations! It was just a shit Solenoid the whole time…
If I hadn’t reread your original text response I would be out there snow blowing again. Lol
This is my first year plowing, I appreciate you taking your time out to help someone like me just getting started. Your a good dude, and a diesel dude.😊 Appreciate ya help brother. “ God Bless!

·
Super Moderator
915 Posts
The patent numbers are the same so are some other numbers both are made in Mexico it’s a re-badged Trombetta solenoid

That’s how they tell you you have to have theirs because they rebadged it .
other solenoids would also have worked.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The other side of town got calmer, I guess the terminally stupid got the boot, again.
To keep the train rolling, what is the difference between a fleetflex and a old style solenoid?
fleetflex is “intermittent duty” and the standard is “continuous duty”

something to do with voltage drops and the longer run from the battery on the fleet flex plows. The “other site” has a more detailed explanation that I posted there and don’t feel like looking up again

·
Registered
445 Posts
fleetflex is “intermittent duty” and the standard is “continuous duty”

something to do with voltage drops and the longer run from the battery on the fleet flex plows. The “other site” has a more detailed explanation that I posted there and don’t feel like looking up again
I could not remember. I have a few standard ones on lift gates. Working fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.