Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always make sure before a storm I am fully gassed up

I make sure I have cash in case I have to get a tow,
my cell phone.
I keep a big plastic snow shovel with me,
I always have 2 gallons of winsheild fluid with me in the cross over box
I always keep a 20 foor chain and 2 binder's in case I have to tie up my plow to get it home .(remember I have been plowing for ever but not always with the best equiptment)
A regular tow strap.
A mapp gas torch in case I have to thaw something out.
spare boots and socks and gloves
thermos of coffe
I always have this real bright torch like flash lite.
I always run with at least 2 60 lbs bags of sand for ballast(its not the only balast I have but I always have 2 bags of sand for traction if I have to throw it down for ice)
a digital camera
and my normal trouble shooting tool I keep in the cross over box
and my normal fire exstigisher and first aid kit with excedrin headache medicine in it

I have always said I would purchase one of those repair kits from western but just never got around to getting one

What are you guys keeping with you for a storm

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
relays, silinoid, flashlight ,winter overalls, extra hydro hoses, fluids, towstrap, tow chain, sand, salt, digital cam, cellphone, coffee, smokes, more smokes, full tank of gas, extra fuses, small tool kit, paper, pens... usual stuff...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Coveralls, extra gloves, hats, pair of socks and sweatshirt, salt, shovel, two-stage, carton of cigs., 12 pack of coca-cola, cellphone, full tank of diesel, plenty of music, jumper cables, tool kit, my sidewalk guy.:)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I saw Coca-Cola, but I'm surprised that no one said that they carry a Flask.

I know I always do....:headwall

Actually.....I carry the normal repair parts, along with some water, a few pairs of gloves, a couple hats and scarfs, flashlight, tools, phone, cash, plastic money, etc. I used to carry a map, but it got trashed, I'll probably pick up another one just to have.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
SnowyBowtie said:
I saw Coca-Cola, but I'm surprised that no one said that they carry a Flask.

flasks are for rookies Ya need 1/2 Gallon For the long Halls lmao j/k

·
Registered
85 Posts
If I carried a flask or a 1/2 gallon, I would probably end up calling a friend to do my accounts because I would be sitting in the local tavern!:drinkup :D

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I guess you guys don't remember Casey , do you? Oh man, I got a good laugh out of him,as did so many others! :haha :haha :haha :rolling

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
carry the load

Icarry everything tools welder gen remote power sorce, spare alts, for the old trucks plow pump motors , sols , pins , spare angle cylinders , hoses etc

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
i try to be prepared this last storm i sold nearly 500.00 worth of parts to contractors that were broke down on christmas i think i may have found a nicth market at 2am in the morning lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SnowyBowtie said:
I guess you guys don't remember Casey , do you? Oh man, I got a good laugh out of him,as did so many others! :haha :haha :haha :rolling
Who is casey?

So far I see I have to add some fuses.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Casy is a person that was on the old site last year about this time , he bragged about how he would plow a lot for half of the going rate and then go on to tell us how many flask's of booze it took him to do a job like example a big lot was a 3 flasker the guy was full of horse crap!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pickering Snow said:
Casy is a person that was on the old site last year about this time , he bragged about how he would plow a lot for half of the going rate and then go on to tell us how many flask's of booze it took him to do a job like example a big lot was a 3 flasker the guy was full of horse crap!!
Thank you

Now what is the old site I keep hearing about? is it gone or is it the plowsite

Lastly thats a real nice rig you have.

·
Registered
29 Posts
SnowyBowtie said:
Isn't that the kid who said he could make more using snowblowers than a plow?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
While it may not be in a pretty service body like Freds.......I do carry about the same.Lots of parts and Tools.

My most commonly used items would have to be my trusty Maglights,and a propane torch.The torch comes in handy for frozen locks,gates and pins.

I also have a swiffer wet-jet,filled with windex\windshield washer,to clean the salt off the windows.Beats having to stop at a gas station all the time to keep the windows\mirrors clean.

Never hurts to have everything you need to do quick repairs.We usually run two trucks in tandem,one being a Jimmy and the other a pickup,so all the tools\parts are kept warm and dry in the back of the Jimmy.Those big plastic tote boxes are great for keeping everything organized.

I have also found myself selling parts to other plow guys who are stuck,as it's amazing some of the crappy trucks these guys run,and they don't carry anything at all to repair them.

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
ZIP YER LIPS !!!!!

Hes posting again at the other place !

Shhhhhh!.......He will find us !.......LOL..............geo:grinz

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Re: ZIP YER LIPS !!!!!

sonjaab said:
Hes posting again at the other place !

Shhhhhh!.......He will find us !.......LOL..............geo:grinz
He already has,his username here is Ted.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Cell phone
Phone book
Route lists
Coffee
Extra cash
Spare plow parts:
angle ram
solenoid
fuses etc
Belts for truck
Battery
Alternator
Tow chain/tow rope
Fire extinguisher
Booster cables
Tools and more tools
1/2 yard of salt/sand mix
Spade
Snow shovel
Flashlight
Oil/tranny fluid/brake fluid/hydraulic fluid
VHF radio for weather and contact with other trucks
touque
gloves

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
After seeing what Fred carries I need to rethink my list .

·
Registered
609 Posts
heres my list, it takes up the passenger side of the back seat

10# CO2 tank and regulator/hose
½" & 3/8" impact wrench
5 strips of matco sockets, set of harborfreight wrenches
screwdrivers exc
pre 90 ford smallblock & bigblock starter alternator and voltage regulator
2-Meyer E-46-47 motors
1 Meyer E57-60 motor
2 new style western motors