Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we are in Chicago.. And only 1 plowable snowfall!!! Hoping this season goes out like a Lion!!!! New truck, new plow pump, all set with no snow to plow!!!:burnout

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is crazy. I got to only plow once to. For where we live, we should of had at LEAST 5 plowable events already. This year is has got to be the worste ever. I need to make some money. I also live in the chicagoland area. This sucks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Think positive!

I feel "below average" snow in any given season brings with it very LARGE opportunity.

If a company cant make it through the lean times or has not created a company plan/strategy based on these "below average" snow seasons which have been very common here (did you see it coming??) I continually find very good deals on snow equipment and of course new customers that speak of "the contractor that can not be found"???

Lean snow years = fantastic opportunity!

You need to create your own door(blow a hole through the wall......NOW) if opportunity has not knocked!

ChicagoSnow

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
ChicagoSnow said:
Think positive!

I feel "below average" snow in any given season brings with it very LARGE opportunity.

If a company cant make it through the lean times or has not created a company plan/strategy based on these "below average" snow seasons which have been very common here (did you see it coming??) I continually find very good deals on snow equipment and of course new customers that speak of "the contractor that can not be found"???

Lean snow years = fantastic opportunity!

You need to create your own door(blow a hole through the wall......NOW) if opportunity has not knocked!

ChicagoSnow
Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

Ditto

This can't be expressed more.

All snow for me is a bonus, I do not count on it ever *. (*with the exception of this season I had to due to the substantial investment I made this year. I really wanted to recoupe the investement in snow work)

With that * being said, and all the "new/newer" plows I have seen on ebay, this year will certainlly make for a healthy customer base next season.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Joe

I agree with you 100%. If this year ends the same way it started, there will be alot of opportunities come spring time for new clients.:D

Chuck B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts