Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Side by side comparison whitch one is is better?

I have priced them out and it seams to be snow ex is more but you have more steel that rusts on it than the fisher but they have auger vs chain? what are the pros and cons for each which is better auger or chain. value for the money?

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - SPONSOR
2,184 Posts
Is Poly the only options for you? I believe that the Poly Caster is a belt and not a chain. One of my customers have one and they had some belt issues early on.

Augers have troughs and don't spill material under the spreader like chains and belts do

Augers have bearings that are totaly covered in salt whenever they are loaded and the discharge end actaully pulls salt into the bearing

Poly when it breaks is not fun to try and repair, stainless steel can be welded

Yada, Yada, Yada..... The list goes on. Just sit back and look at the pictures of each type of unit and the manuals which you can find online and think about each of them and "what could go wrong" because certainly over time something will. Then look at what it will take to fix those problems as far as ease of dealing with them and then you should be able to draw your own conclusions to which is better for your application.

Freezing and bridging should be a concern depending on what materials you are going to use and how long the material will be in the hopper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts