Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They just don't mix!! :mad:

Had 3 customers who had the wires strung across paths we clear.

The blower ate all 3 set. Lucky my guy didn't get zapped. There

will be a clause in my contract next year. No damage to the

blower, just had to cut the wires out of it. Other than that, and

locking my keys in the truck at my first house :eek: (first of the season)

the first run went good. Time to eat and plan for round #2.

Have fun out there:cash

Mark

·
Registered
154 Posts
My neighbors big 2 stage blower ate part of a 50 foot extension cord layed across his driveway.

He said it was a real pain to get untangled.:D

Mark K

·
Registered
79 Posts
LOL! When i was doing driveways, I had another person helping me do them. We were using my TORO SNOWCOMMANDER. Well, I told him to be careful because i had seen previous to the storm that there was a 50+ ft extension cord to the Xmas lights. :headwall Welp, dumbbell i am!! He ended up not hitting them!!!! I DID! :rolleyes: Wouldn't you believe IT! It took us 30 min to get it untangled and cut out. I always carry at least 3 good, sharp knives with me. A Gerber Gator serrated, a Gerber 450 serrated, and a Smith and Wesson special S.W.A.T. TACTICAL Tanto edge, serrated. Never know when you need one! And... If all else fails, a KA-BAR knife under the seat of the truck. LOL. BE PREPARED! Jon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Took out a wateshutoff valve and completed an "unknown "customer . Wrong address.Seee what happens when a commercial boy goes resi.

Glad I dont own a blower.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Its always a PITA to cut those outta snowblowers... actually the thing i find happens most is i have a set of electric hedge clippers and never fails when someone uses them for the first time they seem to clip the power cord with them...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have never had a cord get stuck but how about a newspaper? Pain in the a$s to get out, then to only hit another one 10 feet away and shear both pins.:headwall
Customer was warned and told they will pay for the machine if it happens again. Getting the paper out of the impeller was almost impossible

·
Registered
977 Posts
So this is what we ran into. Some kids thought it would be funny to block doorways to one of the academic buildings last night. Snow would have been great but they put wood, rocks, bicycles infront of the doors and then piled the snow 8' high. The small tractor mounted snowblower picked up one of the rocks and threw it forward right through the plate glass door. Its only a few bad apples in the bunch but I will bet $100 bucks that these will be the same few student who will want me to remove the 8' piles of snow from behind there cars tonight when we start snow removal in the parking lots. Boy I wish I knew who they were!!!:fuming :fuming

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff,

That sucks!!! I'm sure you documented that it wasn't your fault so they don't hold you liable. :argue

As far as newspapers, my Honda520 has found a few. No shear pins, just a sudden stop. Also bends the paddle bar some.

For all that the little honda has been through, it is one well built machine.

Mark

·
Registered
610 Posts
had one of my shovelers
almost suck up a lighted rain deer last year
took 20 minutes to get the string of lights
out of the blower:headwall

john

·
Registered
147 Posts
Newspapers are the worse, but last year hit a few extension cords running to decorations.
Just unwind or remove them in anyway possible and then leave them for the owners on their front steps.

Then you get the phonecalls saying didn't you see it? How did you hit it etc..

As if we can see under the snow to make sure there's nothing there.:headwall

Dan

·
Registered
333 Posts
handyhaver

the same dam thing happened to me twice last night.once with the toro2550CR and then with my sabre 1948 tractor.one wire clogged the toro up real good.the 20 hp tractor with the single stage blower sucked the lites right of the shrub they were on. chopped up the wire real good and snapped the blower belt.people are just so stupid sometimes.they know you use snow blowers to clear walkways you would think they would at least tell you there across the walkways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts