Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im on my second plow mount for my truck. Both mounts have had the welds come apart and consequently cracked the plates bad. Has anyone else had this problem? Im wondering if theres a problem with some of the mounts or if it’s something to do with the cold weather here in Alaska. I think its piss poor engineering with regard to the weight of the plow and only partially welded frame. This entire mount is only welded on one side where its welded allowing the frame to constantly flex.
Its mounted on a 06 dodge ram 3500

1585974890237.jpeg

1585974890237.jpeg

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No, I don’t have the same problem ... I think you’re problem is a loading issue On the frame. Have you called snow way and told them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive talked to the dealer who has been awesome. They warrantied the first one and now the second one has done the same thing. I dont ram and jam. Its a design problem and obviously a weld issue also.
Ive sent the pictures to the dealer to forward to sno-way.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Ive talked to the dealer who has been awesome. They warrantied the first one and now the second one has done the same thing. I dont ram and jam. Its a design problem and obviously a weld issue also.
Ive sent the pictures to the dealer to forward to sno-way.
I think you might need a custom mount. Because clearly this mount cannot stand up to the stress of being used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t really pay attention to the first one as to how it was welded because it was replaced. When I took it apart this time I couldn’t believe how it was put together for a supposedly commercial plow. I love my plow but this mount has no business being coupled with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts