Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just looking for a simple answer as I am confused. I have a snoway 32D thats keeps tripping the 10 amp fuse. I have looked at the schematics and its confusing to me as to the wiring diagram I am looking at. All of my 6 coils show a resistance reading of 3.6 except for the tan/white which is coil F and showing resistance of .5 on the ohm scale. I believe that is the raise/float coil. I am sure the coil is shot since I unplugged it and the plow works in all functions its coil F if I am reading the schematics correctly. What is the purpose of this coil pack? Does that keep my float with just an even down pressure instead of it just floating or raising off the snow humps? Also since the coil is showing a different ohm reading then the others is it the coil pack or the valve thats shot? Just to clear it up, I did disconnect all wires before testing them. I bought the plow used over 5 years ago and other then 1 shot solenoid I have had zero issues with it until now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you operate the plow with that coil removed and the fuse does not blow, then I'd say it's the coil.
The valve would not cause the fuse to blow, only a shorted coil or wiring would.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts