Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting snow tonight into tomarrow and i can't wait. the truck is down with a blown tranny but we still got shovels:mad: anyway i hope everything works out well with this storm for everyone else:)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
First snow storm First Blizzard warning :)

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...NORTHERN MIDDLESEX CT-NORTHERN NEW LONDON CT- 450 PM EST FRI DEC 5 2003
... WINTER STORM WARNING THROUGH EARLY SATURDAY... ... BLIZZARD WARNING EARLY SATURDAY THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING...

SNOW WILL CONTINUE OVERNIGHT WITH ADDITIONAL ACCUMULATIONS OF ONE TO FOUR INCHES. THE SNOW WILL PERSIST SATURDAY. IN ADDITION... WINDS WILL PICK UP IN SPEED OUT OF THE NORTHEAST. WINDS OF 25 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH ARE EXPECTED. THESE WINDS COMBINED WITH THE SNOW WILL REDUCE VISIBILITIES TO ONE QUARTER MILE OR LESS DURING THIS TIME FRAME. SNOW WILL GRADUALLY TAPER OFF LATER SATURDAY NIGHT. FINAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 10 TO 15 INCHES ARE EXPECTED.

A BLIZZARD WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN SUSTAINED WIND SPEEDS OR FREQUENT GUSTS OF OVER 35 MPH ARE EXPECTED WITH CONSIDERABLE FALLING AND OR BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. VISIBILITIES WILL BECOME POOR... WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES. THOSE VENTURING OUTDOORS MAY BECOME LOST OR DISORIENTED... SO PERSONS IN THE WARNING AREA ARE ADVISED TO STAY INDOORS.

ANY TRAVEL IS STRONGLY DISCOURAGED.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Shovels? - I guess that would be a good way to hold down overhead costs. You could do without Commercial Vehicle Insurance. I'd suggest a good medical insurance policy, though.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I agree Mick, you cant beat the operating cost of a Snow Shovel:D

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
GET with the program guys............

Snow shovels are called ........ STICK PLOWS !

And if you own a Meyers rig...YOU need one !!!!!

SORRY ALL........Just kidding around...No offense intended !
............geo:D

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Our favorite birdie is here!!!pumpkin

on edit: I'm really disappointed that all you guys missed the punkin'!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
such a nice group of people. :grinz

·
Registered
866 Posts
LOL! Meyer- if you keep a good attitude, listen and learn, and try not to repeat things that have been said in the preceding posts then you will do well here, especially if you can laugh at the ribbing that the guys are giving you right now. I understand that you are only 15, so if you are here to learn, then I respect you for that- just try to listen and learn more, think before you type.

Most of all, have fun, and since nobody else has yet, let me say welcome to the site. Now just try not to parrot other members.

Most of all, have fun, and since nobody else has yet, let me say welcome to the site. Now just try not to parrot other members.

LOL!

Bill

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I agree with Bill. Anyone willing to put up with some ribbing and learn is all right. Everybody started somewhere and everybody was 15 at some time. For some of us, it was a little more in the distant past than others.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I also have too, as much as this kills me:grinz have to agree with Bill on this. the small jokes and ribbing is all part of the fun . There is a ton of useful information available here as well as some very knowledgable people here when it come to snow and ice management

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
CNY Joe said:
I also have too, as much as this kills me:grinz have to agree with Bill on this. the small jokes and ribbing is all part of the fun . There is a ton of useful information available here as well as some very knowledgable people here when it come to snow and ice management

Jokes? Us? Never! :D Only on days that end in Y...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.