Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This noon I was working around outside - it was drizzling real light. Started raining harder so I started to shut the truck door and head to the garage. Looked down the driveway and there was a wall of SNOW coming right up the drive. Definitely tell the line between the rain and the snow. I know it was snow because it caught me before I got to the garage and it was white on my jacket. Lasted about 30 seconds and turned to rain again. Worst part was, there was no accumulation:( .

Darndest thing I ever saw. Now I guess I can't say I've never seen a flake this year.

So then I went to eat lunch and when I came back it was sunny.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mick,

We had the same thing in Portland today. We were finishing up our last install job of the year and BLAM, first rain then snow. It didn't last long and no accumulation, but it was snow!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
we've been getting those sudden snow then gone all day today one min its snowing like crazy the next its sunny... it'd be nice if it sticks hopefully it will there calling for 2 to 4 tonight and 4 to 6 tommorow..

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
It got very cold out today, and then we got snow showers 2 different times. :shades This may sound extremely stupid, but the snow didnt look like normal snow, it looked like grated cheese or something, lol! The consistency didnt look right. :confused: Maybe Im going crazy altogether. Mike :headwall

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Mike 97 SS said:
It got very cold out today, and then we got snow showers 2 different times. :shades This may sound extremely stupid, but the snow didnt look like normal snow, it looked like grated cheese or something, lol! The consistency didnt look right. :confused: Maybe Im going crazy altogether. Mike :headwall

Sounds like you definitely need a doctor.

Too much staring at your Western sitting in the shop.

Jay

·
Registered
57 Posts
hate to put a damper on things...but the 'weird looking snow' was actually snow/liquid/refrozen to snow again...
but thats a good sign...means you guys are in for a big ole snow storm...its brewing now!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yep, we saw it too...came out of the grocery store and suddenly it was coming down.

Chuck has our girls trained, they were jumping up and down, screaming and yelling. A little bit of the white stuff gets this whole family in a good mood!!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Snowed here again today, it was coming down pretty hard for a little while, and was sticking to everything. The ground had a dusting on it and all the cars were covered enough that you had to wipe off the windows. Then it stopped and the sun came out and it all melted. :confused: Its coming though, they are talking about a possible storm for this weekend. Mike :cool:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Gee, sounds like you guys got hit with some snow squalls !! We see that all the time in my neck of the woods. BTW the granular snw you were getting is called gropple(sp?) It is also common up here- knid neat to watch, but hurts like he** when you get hit with it being driven by wind!!! It also softens up quick and is very heavy to push if it accumulates. Saturday we had about 1-2" of it, and yesterday it hit a few times too- not as bad as Sat though. C'mon up my way and I'll show you where we regularly see a "wall" of snow- it forms right on the Onieda River where the switch from Onondage County to Oswego County is- Oswego County is known for it's lake effect storms and squalls- that is a food portion of our 200+" a year.

Bill

·
Registered
866 Posts
LMAO Joe!!! Stop it, it's not nice to tease everyone else like that- but we got 8" of that stuff !!

We've had a bit of lake effect the last few days, and I will be going back out shortly to plow some more!

I hope everyone gets a chance to play soon!

Bill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.