Votes: 36 67.9%
  • Leave 'em on

Votes: 17 32.1%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so who leaves them on and who takes them off? Many say you will go through 2 pairs of shoes before you will go through one cutting edge. Pros & cons. :cool:

Yeah - Take them off
Neah - Leave them on

·
Registered
150 Posts
I throw them out.:p

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I toss them thru customers windows that get behind in there payments:grinz

Na, I leave them in the garage.

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
What are they? Where do they go?

They come off first thing and never seen again.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
I use them on my X blade they are fixed and also act as curb protection (new design )

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I use them to practice with the welder, or for anchors for small boats.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I figured that would be the majority. But some still use them. If you do alot of gravel they do help. This way your scraping instead of dozing. ;)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
whoops i guess i shoulda read the first post i voted neah thinking that was having them off.. the only time mine are on my plow is when its sitting on the rolers so i can move it around off the truck... other that that the just lay wherever i toss them during the season...

·
Registered
345 Posts
I used to use them on gravel drives but found I was scraping up more gravel with them then I was without them. Now they're just dust collectors.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I use one to hold the door open on the old garage. I use the other to hold down empty salt sacks when I mix Magic Salt.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
**** said:
I use one to hold the door open on the old garage. I use the other to hold down empty salt sacks when I mix Magic Salt.
LOL! There you go, use them as paper weights or door stops. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Oops, didn't read first post. I put neah (thinking I don't use them). We take them off... who knows where they are. They make good tarp weights to keep them from blowing away.

·
Registered
37 Posts
still around

We keep the shoes, all original never been plowed with. We do use them when the plows are off, (storage ) but I do find the plow easier to move in the shop with the feet down

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
mabye one of the mods can change the yeah or nay to on and off this way its less confuseing and the vote can be a little more accurate because me included and im sure a handfull of others voted the wrong way because it was a little confusing

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Manx said:
They go for 40 to 60 bucks on E-bay
That is what im going to do with mine then!:cash

1 - 20 of 31 Posts