Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks! We have a client in Baltimore City that is asking us to bid on removing snow from one of their lots. We have a couple of dumps and skidsteers lined up, but are at a loss as to where we can dump the snow. Do any of you do snow removal, and if so is there a facility in the region (our plow operations are based out of Ellicott City) where we can dump? Thanks, and have a great holiday!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Jason- How much snow could the lot have in it? Im in Columbia and none of my lots have more than a trace left on them. Asa for dump the snow we have a few industrial parks with some never used spaces. We give them a slight cut on there cost to let us dump a few loads also if the lots are mostly salt free you may fine a farmer with some un-used land. IS this a small inner-city lot with little space to lose?
-Nick

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
We just took on a private school that we have to relocate the snow. We move the snow from the elevated parking deck to a satellite lot across the street. We use a skid steer and small dump truck.
Dino

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

MDSnowPro - They don't have any snow right now, they want to contract us to take it away in during future snows, so I'm just in planning mode right now. This lot is a 2 acre flat lot for a high end hotel with a ton of patios, sidewalks and an access road at the inner harbor so it's not really small, but with the resturants and hotel, they really have no space to lose at all. We have a little more than 3 acres our yard in Ellicott City, but it's mostly a pretty steep, grassy slope so I'm afraid we couldn't get the dump trucks out if we dumped there. Might be what we have to do though as there is no space down town for us to relocate it to. They want wet black pavement througout an enitre storm, so the snow will have tons of salt in it, so a farmer is pretty much out of the question. This place is right on the water, I wonder how much we would be fined for pushing it over the edge into the harbor :greenange I like the idea about the industrial parks. We have a bunch, so I might give that a try.

Dino - To change the topic slightly, this place has a bunch of brick paver areas that I need to plow over. Would a urethane edge let me float the plow without shoes? If so, I might be calling you for one of those edges.

Thanks again everyone, and Merry Christmas!!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If i recall correctly the fine for dumping in the water is pretty hefty... and the u-edge would definatly help with the pavers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts