Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was told they use these to pull snow away from long walks in large complexes. I can see how they wouls work better too.

Here's how they hooked them up.

And yes them are Fisher plow blades on there.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Ingenious idea.That would be great if you had a lot of sidewalks to do.I'm suprised it doesn't float though,to allow you to do sidewalks that have a different curb height.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Lawngodfather,

Interesting idea. Did you get a look at how the pusher is attached to the bucket of the tractor?? It looks like I can see a few bolts there but not sure. I would think by adding that plow they would have to mount the pusher more permanantly to the bucket than just slide it into the bucket and chain it like my Protech. I would think that with that plow on that side it would want to twist the other end out and I know with my Protech it is kinda loose even when it is hooked with the chain as tight as I can get it and that is the one thing that drives me nuts. Just curious.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
looks like a permenate blizzard plow set up it just can't extend and retract.Very good idea and easy to put on and off.:)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Looks very interesting. The plow doesnt sit in the ground flush though, Im assuming its not supposed to? Im not sure I quite understand what it is being used for. What does it do, knock down high piles on the side of a walkway and direct the snow into the pusherbox to be brought somewhere else? Mike :confused:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Mike, the bucket it tilted back, I think if they were plowing with it, they'd tip it forward so that the wear plates on the wings would also be flush with the ground.

Interesting setup, but not sure if that loader would have the power to push all that now if we had a lot. Slick none-the-less!!:burnout

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gordyo, the normal set-up. I looked over it and didn't see anything else.

Yes the bucket is tilted back so it sticks up some.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
When I first looked at it,I thought the blade would sit up on top of a sidewalk that runs parallel to the curb,and pull the snow off the sidewalk,and into the lot.I know i could use something like that at a few places.

But after looking at it again,I'm not sure. :confused: I guess it's to stop snow from being dumped onto the walk when cleaning up along the curb.It would also be nice,as you wouldn't get as much spillage off the one side when working across long lots,eliminating the need to make another cleanup pass.All most like windrowing with a regulaqr plow blade.

Kinda makes me think of those new Storm plows,with the wings.They are awesome.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
SnowyBowtie, yea you are right. I see now that the bucket is tipped back a little, therefor making the pusherbox and Fisher plow angle up a little bit. I dont know why I didnt notice that before. :confused: Im still not sure I understand what its supposed to do. If its what Chris said, then I understand. Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts