Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he guys i wanted to know how you handle parking lots at industrial parks.during a small storm 8 inches and under in the morning hours.do you show up and make a few passes or do you clear out the whole lot and come back after the storm has ended and clean it all up again.this year i picked up a few accounts that just want me to make a few passes during the storm and come back later and clean the whole thing out.its something different for me because im use to always keeping every inch of the parking areas clean during a storm.plus im worried about one of these lots because its so big and they want one or 2 passes so they can get in there in the morning.i will post some pics of this one lot during the week.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
he guys i wanted to know how you handle parking lots at industrial parks.during a small storm 8 inches and under in the morning hours.do you show up and make a few passes or do you clear out the whole lot and come back after the storm has ended and clean it all up again.this year i picked up a few accounts that just want me to make a few passes during the storm and come back later and clean the whole thing out.
Thats basically what we do. Most lots don't require a truck to be there constantly (of course there are exceptions) and they really want to just get in and out safely.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We also basically do that, but we open up a large park area so people are not walking in a lot of snow first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
It's usually written in the contract specs as to what the cutoff time is.If it is after that time,we just open laneways,and a few spots (including the handicapped spots).Then we return later to clear the rest of it.Most times the return vist is the following evening so the lot is pretty much empty.

If your salting there as well,laying it down heavy in the laneways will help prevent hardpack,and the cars will drag it into the spots to help some of the other snow melt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts