Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this for an idea? You can tell I am getting a bit frustrated with snowfall (or lack thereoff) this year.

I propose some kind of "Snow Plow Amusement Park" kind of like a ski area with huge snow making machines. It can have a big parking lot, maybe some rusted out old cars to plow around and some winding roads with hidden obstacle like storm drains and speedbumps. We can all pay $xx per hour and have some fun, take out some "where is the reall snow aggressions", test out new equipment, practice new "techniques" or just watch the paying plower play.

It can have all of the major brands of plow to "rent" for the day similar to skis. We can even rent out Loaders and or dumptrucks.

Do I have any investors???? I think $100,000 from each of you should just about cover the starup costs.

Mac

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Sorry !!! I don't have $100,000 to invest at the moment.... at least not in your amusement park;)

But I think I can find a few wrecks to donate that can serve as
"parked" cars:grinz

·
Registered
98 Posts
maybe we should make up a computer game and call it Snow Plow Amusement Park... all the fun and none of the $$$$

Or how about a SNOW PLOW SIMULATOR complete with breakdowns & busted equipement at the worst possible time.

Or experience the slide down the frozen hill on the computer before it happens in real life.....

Think of all the fun those of us who are bored and snowless would have...

Why we could even have LEAGUES and TEAMS across the continent.... See I did remember our neighbors to the north...

GOODNESS I'M BORED.... I WANT SOME SNOW........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Pelican, what's that got to do with bored minds thinking of ways to amuse themselves?

As for the amusement park, you forgot the most important thing of all.. The Mailbox Target Range!! Stagger the mailboxes in a row, make some on cement block posts, a few on 4" steel pipe, time and accuracy points will be kept.

As for a computer game.. The name should be SimSnow!! Build your routes by bidding and plowing and running your competitors off the road.. Big snow falls make you dip into your pocketbook to pay for hauling fees.. Man, this could really take off..

Paul

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
SimSnow

Dont forget to have lowballers that we can run off the road:D

·
Registered
224 Posts
sounds like the route your doing for me...............LOL

are you doing your snow dance correctly?

mac3897 said:
... maybe some rusted out old cars to plow around and some winding roads with hidden obstacle like storm drains and speedbumps. ....

Mac

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I think the amusement park might not be profitable. However, I think there is something to the SNOW PLOW SIMULATOR. It might be a fun thing but also could be used by the larger companiess and the sole operator for training. I know I'd go for it considering the cost of video games vs the OJT method. Especially for someone like myself where a little mistake can wind up costing big money and major lost time.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I think this site is the amusement park. It's allway's fun to come here and we have fun playing with santo:argue .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: "Snow Plow Amusement Park"

Got Snow? said:
sounds like the route your doing for me...............LOL

are you doing your snow dance correctly?

I think i may need some dance lessons I guess. Apparently I am not doing it right...

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
You guys need to go out and buy the Tonka computer games. You get a controler set up that goes over the keyboard to operate your bulldozers etc. And you can plow snow with it. This is how I keep in practice when the snow stops. (Just don't tell my son so he doesn't kick my butt for playing his game without him. sshhh) ;)

The Winter Festival is happening this weekend in Central Park, for those of you who aren't into skiing or snowboarding. They have been blowing snow all week, so you could check that out to at least see some snow & play in it. If enough of us bother the organizers, maybe we could get them to add a snowplowing event by having them blow snow in one of the parking lots??

Similar to the thread's theme, have any of you played that Roller Coaster computer game (can't think of the name of it)? You build your own amusement park, plan rides & where they should be placed, place all of the other things in your park including food, garbage cans, benches etc. Put any of these things in the wrong places & you get customers stuck in wrong places or complaints, which equal less patrons & lower profits. Maybe you could try this game to keep from going crazy while its not snowing?? Played it at the niece & nephew's house one night & it was actually fun.

I thought someone posted an actual computer plowing game in the past??? :beatsme

·
Registered
85 Posts
SimSnow plowing game sounds like a good idea... I would buy it!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Hey Mac you got it backwards, we are supposed to get paid to plow, not pay to plow.:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Normally I would agree. But right now I think I would pay a few bucks an hour to have some fun. lol

There still isn't a good size storm in site

·
Registered
908 Posts
How about the Simplow mechanics version, where us plow techs can sit home at night a still fix plows?

Wait, never mind, it would be like coming to this site every night and this is free...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts