Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see any predictions for accumulations in northeast IL.? I have looked at accuweather and weather channel sites, they just predict wintery conditions for here.
Prayin for snow:greenange
T

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't know, as of right now, the models look like most of it will be going south, down around Quincy, at least the system moving through later this week. I'd like to see snow in the next few weeks, but I bet we don't until Christmas again.

·
Registered
161 Posts
a little to the south please. plowing!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Actually Greg, it kinda looks like it may head right through us!

Did you guys get that freezng rain this morning? I was getting read to go out and salt, but by the time I got setup, it already began to melt, at 6:00 this morning :(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm a new member from the Peoria area and just waiting and waiting for snow!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
SnowyBowtie said:
Actually Greg, it kinda looks like it may head right through us!

Did you guys get that freezng rain this morning? I was getting read to go out and salt, but by the time I got setup, it already began to melt, at 6:00 this morning :(

I hope so! SNOW!! As for the freezing rain I dont think so, if is was melted by the time I got up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Snow, what snow!

Chuck B.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Snow in Central Illinois!

:cash

3" of wet, heavy slush-snow this morning. Plowed the entire Commercial route, but the snow was mostly melted from drives by the time I got to them. First even dec 05, not bad, not bad at all!

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
We got at least 3 in of the heavy wet stuff too, and it is still coming down. Felt good to back out and plow, first of the year, last year didn't get any till Christmas.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
They were predicting 2-5" here in the Quad City area(Iowa/Illinois border) We barely achieved 2" in Davenport and even less on the Illinois side, and most of that melted before I got to it. Heck, it's 37 ° here right now. I only got 2 driveways plowed but $80 is not bad for 50 minutes work.

But as Snowybowtir said, 5th of December ain't bad for the first snow. Last year, I didn't plow till mid January.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I was surprised when I went back to my records to do my billing- I've hit my commercial accounts 8 times now! Even in the snow belt here we're not usually this busy- I hope this is a good sign!! I have only hit my residential accounts half as much becasue of the same thing- byt the time I got to them it was pretty well melted or melted down to the point that it wasn't worth hitting them yet. Now it looks like we'll have a nice quiet weekend so that I can finish up some construction projects and relax. Maybe I'll start a fire tonight and curl up with a nice alcoholic beverage and watch a movie with my family and then one with just me and my wife.

Hope you guys had fun getting the dust off your blades for the first time!! Post some pics if ya got any!!

Bill

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I took some pictures, no action shots, it wasn't too pretty anyway!

I've got a bunch, but I'll just post a few.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Another, w/out the wings on.

I will be honest, those wings are AWESOME! Probably the best $200 I ever spent. They worked so-so in the wet sloppy stuff, I can only imagine how they'll work in the normal, lighter fluffier snow we get. plowing!
Thanks to everyone who helped me make up my mind on them!!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
You boys in Cent Illinois have been doing way better than us northerners in the last couple years:D don'r hog it all this year, I got bills to pay:eek:

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
Your right Chuck, What snow?? Maybe we got a rain mix for about three hours by air temps at 36 nothing but wet, not even slush. I did get a few calls for salt at about 3AM so both salt trucks went out. I think that was just because how the forcasted kept reporting is was gooing to be heavy snow during AM rush hour. 1st billing just a salting. How we get something soon.

Although, we are not getting any snow I am not sure I would want to be looking at 20"+ over two or three days either. I bet a heavy storm like that make it nice and easy for billing. Bet there is no complaining when the client knows they could get hammer with snow.

·
Registered
80 Posts
These weather guys man. They said 2-4 inches here, what did we get? RAIN!!! I got all 3 of my trucks ready and we got nothing.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes I was ready on the eve of the 4th too. Had the the thermos, out, coffee pot ready to flip the switch, and water bottles filled.
Light bar on the truck and plow on (love that ultra-mount). Loaded up 560#'s of ballast ready to rock. Watched skillet head (wgn 9:00 news) before bed and he called it, no snow rain!!! Of course I had to check accuweather then to make sure we would get snow. I guess Tommy pegged it, that warm pond to the east with the east wind kept those temps up all night. Bummer for me and the rest of us here close to the lake. Now the east coast boys are runnin hot and we are getting more rain next week!!!!

:( :(
T

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey snowybowtie, what wings did you get for your blade?
T

1 - 20 of 37 Posts