Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to the site and have an ask about the Snow Dogg TEII 80. I have always had fisher plows in the past and the mounting hardware is high giving plenty of clearance... not the case with the Snow Dogg. I have a Chevy 2500HD, yeah I know the front end is "soft" but Ive always plowed with Chevy's and have not had the problem I have with this Snow Dogg plow. The thing drags the mounting brackets when the plow is lifted and backing out of a driveway with a drop at the end, can't even angle the plow when driving from account to account because if I hit a dip in the road the plow will slam the ground, its that low. This is my second year with the plow and I am pissed, more so after getting a crass reply from their customer service rep saying I need a leveling kit or timbrins or it needs to be adjusted and cut by the installer who told me it is as high as it can go...
Anyone else have this issue, a fix, a real suggestion not "go back to Fisher, wish I never left at this point.
Thanks for the help and suggestions, sorry for the long description.

·
Banned
1,771 Posts
If you raise the front suspension with a leveling kit or timbrens you might get the clearance you need. A 1-2” front suspension kit might be your best bet. It sounds like your brackets are maxed out. If that is the case then you cannot adjust height in that manner. So, it has to be done on the suspension side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Post a few side view pics of the truck, and the plow frame. Did you crank up the T bars any?
Mount for the plow is maxed out so it appears that I will have to put a level kit on the truck so now I am just trying to research which the best will be for a truck that is plowing and working not just trying to look good. Any recs would be greatly appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts