Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curtis sno Pro 3000. I switched lift coil power plug from the right angle coil and the lift operation worked when pushing the right angle button so I know the hydraulics are working correctly and switched plugs back to normal. I traced the problem to no power output at the controller when pushing the lift button. my diagnostic knowledge ends here. If I am correct I presume I have 2 options...replace controller at $200+ or repair. 1. Am I missing something in my diagnosis? 2. If I am correct does anyone know of a good & reasonable controller repair service?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
that would be a big problem no power to the solenoid to start the plow.... i would say you are correct. I doubt there is much you can do for it since they aren’t built any more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can find replacement ones on eBay for over $200 but don’t want to pull that trigger yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is the manual, I believe. On page 28 there is the pin out for the controller. You should be able to verify that the controller is bad by jumping the appropriate wires at the connector.

You can make from scratch (or modify another to work) a fingertip controller for very little money. The controllers are just sets of switches when you look at them. There is nothing magical about the manufacturer's label being affixed to the box holding the collection of switches.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get as far as identifying the problem coming out of the controller (yellow arrow pointing to red wire below) that controls the lift. Pushing the button (circled in red below) does not activate power at that connector (including the input side) so it’s somewhere on that circuit board from the button to that connector. That is where my knowledge stops. Understanding Everything in-between those two points is like me solving E=MC2.

866032C8-C415-4D65-8C62-CAE13287F328.jpeg
2F69BBFB-4222-40CC-B777-FE6B9A1FF4F0.jpeg

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Here is the manual, I believe. On page 28 there is the pin out for the controller. You should be able to verify that the controller is bad by jumping the appropriate wires at the connector.

You can make from scratch (or modify another to work) a fingertip controller for very little money. The controllers are just sets of switches when you look at them. There is nothing magical about the manufacturer's label being affixed to the box holding the collection of switches.
It’s not magical but you do need the right diagrams for the circuit board and some understanding of electronics to fix the controller the op has.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At this point I’m hoping someone out there knows of someone that offers repair service so I can overnight my controller to them for repair...anyone???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts