Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,, so I'm the nutcase who runs 8' plows on S-10s. I've been wondering just how a 9' would work. Definitely got good clearance down the sides of the truck.

Truth be known, I was checking this one out for a buddy who had bought it. I picked it upa nd moved it around the yard, not much different than the 8'. Sure wish I had some snow to try it out in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Wow omg

Do the trucks have enough power to push an 8' blade? The 4.3 is pretty gutsy for a V-6, but that would be a large amount of snow to push around.

I think you're onto something though! I'd like to see how the 9' blade would do, maybe your buddy would let you borrow it once?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I run 8.5 ft Snoways on my two S10's.Both are 91's,one is a reg cab,the other ext cab.The plows were originally 6.5 ft,and I extended them to 8.5 ft.No problems with the truck carrying the weight,but the reg cab has trouble pushing it sometimes in really deep snow.It just slides sideways.The extra 2 ft of blade makes a huge difference in productivity,and outweighs the fact it won't push it sometimes.If it has a hard time,I just make a few passes with the blade off the ground to remove some of the snow.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I take it that all the mounts are the same for the straight blades?
Depending on if the snofall is light powder or heavy wet stuff you could swap plows back and forth and not beat the heck out of your truck if you had different sizes.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts