Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V plow broke where the cylinder mounts to the frame. I had to do some major reconstruction but I was curious if anyone else had this problem. I had pictures but I must have erased them. It basically broke the welds at first then ripped the plate on the bottom where it mounted. Oh yeah and the front line on the cylinder is a bastard to replace.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

The bottom one was the fix. I kinda messed up by moving the links in a little which is where the line goes through and it's tight but the welds ate on both sides and triple pass so they won't break. It broke the welds off the top then bent the steel down. I cut everything out and made new pieces and braced everything. I'm probably going to get a new cylinder and do some work to it so the line comes out facing the back then make a new hinge. I don't like not bring able to change that line in the field. Anyone that has this plow straight or v check the welds it will save you down time trust me. This cost me a lot of money because the line had to be ordered and I missed Sunday and Monday due to no place being open and a 14 inch snow. I keep most parts but didn't have that one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought mine new in 2000. I completely took mine apart then sand blasted it. Repaired and welded extra bracing then powder coated it in 2010. Never saw any problems in that area. I'll check after this season.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts